The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Good to see we’re going after managers and not just waiting to see who applies. Mathie will have a good idea of what will fit the club.Β 

Will speed up the process too hopefully, i mean we only are on Monday and you've got up until Friday for Christmas Eve so if things do move quick there could be the outside possibilty of the new manager in place for Boxing Day or possibly in attendance

6 hours ago, Iain said:

I remember when Duffy was appointed you were confident there would be a different manager in place for next season. Is this going to be an acceleration of that plan, or a complete change of direction?

I would think it could go either way now Mathie is involved in the process , but would think change if direction due to the role Mathie has , did I read we are looking at a head coach which is different from a managerΒ 

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Good to see we’re going after managers and not just waiting to see who applies. Mathie will have a good idea of what will fit the club.Β 

I'm pretty sure a fair few on here said it was the wrong approach when Yogi said it should be that way. They insisted he should apply and it was some sort of arrogance on his part. In truth, the club should have been doing both rather than waiting to see who applied.

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

the club should have been doing both rather than waiting to see who applied.

Absolutely 100%

As good as Mathie may or may not be at this recruiting lark, I think it would be foolish not to have an advert to see the standard of applicants we would get. Especially if it would seem we're going down the Head Coach route, there could just be one or two out there that are the perfect fit that are currently at "bigger" clubs waiting for this type of opportunity and who we were previously unaware of or thought we had no chance of getting.

No harm at all. Especially where gut instinct or in house knowledge has got us most recently.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

So a dream became reality today...

Now on who the magic 4 or 5 will be, i reckon

Β 

Jack Ross (Very unrealistic but the seeth from Killie fans would be simply lovely to see)

Why would we be seething about that it’s not like we are all desperate for him to get the job.

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

As it's Christmas and everyone's in a charitable mood, maybe if we all start donating Β£10 to the AU500 fund Mathie can to the footballing equivalent of Home Bargains and get a shiny new Centre Half and Centre Mid.Β πŸ˜‚

If they don't botch this I will restart my Β£20 I stopped after the Partick home game.Β Β 

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Who do you want, just out of interest?

I believe he will be way out of our league financially and probably wouldn’t have taken our job in the Premiership never mind the Championship but I’m hoping Billy Bowie throws as much money as he can towards Derek McInnes to take the job. I think there is very little to no chance of that happening.

There are no other Scottish managers, other than the obvious, who I would want.

42 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would think it could go either way now Mathie is involved in the process , but would think change if direction due to the role Mathie has , did I read we are looking at a head coach which is different from a managerΒ 

image.png.1bea239662725c09457a76a873a995a6.png

"head coach"Β πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

Edited by rb123!