The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just caught up with the interview. 

Mathie speaks really well and is very clear with the fans about what the club needs. He's had two interviews since joining and he's already the most liked person at the club. I'd go so far as to say that the trust he's built up in such a short time will mean any appointment we make will either be received with enthusiasm or people at least waiting before writing them off. You compare that to Smiths appointments of Hopkin and Duffy and most people said from the start it was the wrong move. 

He gave very little away though and I feel the potential candidates will be a mixture of guys currently managing, guys out of work and younger coaches working at bigger clubs. I'd be surprised if there weren't a few recognisable faces in the crowd on Boxing Day. 

29 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Jack Ross is not in the running for the killie job as Kettlewell is interested on managing them. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8181574/kilmarnock-next-manager-latest-stuart-kettlewell-interested-jack-ross/

Very interesting.... in other news Imrie is set to be announced Morton's new manager and i didn't realise he's currently a coach at Livingston, makes you think they wouldn't be willing to lose Bartley too at the same time so that might put the ice on that rumour to cool it down, idk if there's anything to the Bartley thing or if it's simply a case of 2+2=5 

9 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Wtf is it with B&W TV...here I am on a 170Mbps connection using a device thats less than a year old and the videos still can't load properly

Try clearing your cache, sometimes gets it to behave when I'm using Chrome on the phone.

4 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Wasn’t Mathie bumped from Hibs as he couldn’t get deals over the line in the last window ?

With that history it seems strange he’s now trusted with probably your most important appointment in years  

Think it was more to do with the new owners son also wanting to do the same role as Mathie , only going to be one winner there 

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

2104F022-C97C-4999-8343-AB0B892D6AED.jpeg

From that list, I would expect O’Dea, Bartley, McManus, Kettlewell and Thompson to be in the frame, the rest I’d doubt/hope weren’t. These would fit the “head coach” role. 

Ross has ruled himself out of the Kilmarnock job. But not out of the Ayr job..Unless he’s already accepted it, which there is no indication of, then he is aiming higher than the Scottish Championship and won’t be coming to Ayr. 

6 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Where has Darren O’Dea’s name suddenly come from? Don’t recall him being linked with any other vacancies.

although the same could be said about Bartley.

To be fair, it is the McBookie list so it only takes 1 guy to tweet the name or post on a forum to get it on the list 

37 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

From that list, I would expect O’Dea, Bartley, McManus, Kettlewell and Thompson to be in the frame, the rest I’d doubt/hope weren’t. These would fit the “head coach” role. 

Ross has ruled himself out of the Kilmarnock job. But not out of the Ayr job..Unless he’s already accepted it, which there is no indication of, then he is aiming higher than the Scottish Championship and won’t be coming to Ayr. 

There were no quotes in that article