The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Where has Darren O’Dea’s name suddenly come from? Don’t recall him being linked with any other vacancies.

although the same could be said about Bartley.

I'm imagining McBookie have looked at who Mathie follows on twitter and used it to to help make up the list. Thought he might feature myself but not that high up.

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Wasn’t Mathie bumped from Hibs as he couldn’t get deals over the line in the last window ?

With that history it seems strange he’s now trusted with probably your most important appointment in years  

Being bumped in football these days isn't the bad thing it once was. A while back you got sacked for being shite at your job. These days impatience and external pressure mean it happens so often that  good people also get tripped up

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

2104F022-C97C-4999-8343-AB0B892D6AED.jpeg

That list isn't massively horrendous although if we didn't have Mathie I think I'd only be happy with one or two of them.

Jack Ross is a complete pipe dream and I don't think McCann will be under consideration either. I'd also be fairly annoyed if we appointed Kettlewell, Stubbs, Canning, McKinnon or Hartley. So that leaves you with O'Dea, Murray, Bartley, Thomson and McManus. I'd accept any of them really but would rather we had either Murray or Thomson. 

With Mathie in post and having a hand in recruitment I am reassured that a wrong appointment won't cripple us in the way appointing Hopkin did.

As such, I'm not quite as precious about it as I was before. I'd take Murray now whereas before I wouldn't have. McCann and Ross I doubt would be interested. Thomson or Gilmour could be interesting. Stubbs, Canning and McKinnon can get in the sea.

That'll be the Hub grand opening, Glasgow day out for Thistle away between Xmas & New Year, and the Ayrshire Derby gubbed at least.

Unless they can find a way to give everyone the opportunity to attend a match during these restrictions of 500 (pending social distances), its back to square one.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

So that leaves you with O'Dea, Murray, Bartley, Thomson and McManus. I'd accept any of them really but would rather we had either Murray or Thomson. 

Does anyone know anything about Bartley's coaching skills? How did Livingston reserves do under him?

19 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Does anyone know anything about Bartley's coaching skills? How did Livingston reserves do under him?

He's just gone odds on for what it's worth.

Next Permanent Ayr Manager

• Marvin Bartley
    4/5
  • Darren O'Dea
    7/1
  • Alan Stubbs
    8/1
  • Ian Murray
    8/1
  • Neil McCann
    8/1
  • Jack Ross
    10/1
  • Kevin Thomson
    10/1
  • Stephen McManus

See this chasing McBookie odds for the favourite constantly, calm down

Lots of money was stacked against Jim McIntyre the last time, if I remember rightly, on the back of the Ayrshire Post article, and he was up there most of the time.

I could stick a tenner on Gus McPherson at 14/1 and he'll shoot up. Same has happened with Kettlewell for Killie

Edited by diege

Would it not make more sense for Scottish Football to shut down for the 3 weeks? 

Then start back up at the weekend of the Scottish Cup games?

Could play the 3/4 games which were supposed to be during the shutdown period over the next 3 months after that of Feb, March and April to save an overload period with the fixtures.

Means clubs don't lose money by playing behind closed doors and also gives the best opportunity for more fans back or am i being too sensible?

Doesn't affect us but i know with the Prem that Sky would no doubt have something to say about it. 

Anyway this is complete and utter baws.

Without getting too political the things is a mockery when pubs are still allowed to be open albeit with restrictions meaning you could go to the pub which is indoors to watch the game but not at the actual stadium which is outside, good one Nicola.....

Plus not to be a doom merchant but if this time last year is anything to go by our "3 weeks of restrictions" never got lifted until 4 months later at the end of April....

Edited by rb123!

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Would it not make more sense for Scottish Football to shut down for the 3 weeks? 

Then start back up at the weekend of the Scottish Cup games?

Could play the 3/4 games which were supposed to be during the shutdown period over the next 3 months after that of Feb, March and April to save an overload period with the fixtures.

Means clubs don't lose money by playing behind closed doors and also gives the best opportunity for more fans back or am i being too sensible?

Doesn't affect us but i know with the Prem that Sky would no doubt have something to say about it. 

Anyway this is complete and utter baws.

Is there any guarantee things will open up in 3 weeks?  Sturgeon didn’t seem to offer any exit criteria for the new restrictions.  

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Is there any guarantee things will open up in 3 weeks?  Sturgeon didn’t seem to offer any exit criteria for the new restrictions.  

It can't go on for any length of time again, the country is already on its knees