The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Why has it been rescheduled??? 

No need, Get the games played as was voted for last week, sporting intigrety out the window... 

Who knows what the future holds for football.... 

You okay?

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Because it's a game worth rescheduling so that it can be played with a good atmosphere. I don't really think any other team has a case for wanting any of their games to be moved. 

We need to give Ayr at the very least a full stand and more if they can sell the tickets, fantastic that they have put having a great atmosphere ahead of any advantage they might get from the alternative.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

We need to give Ayr at the very least a full stand and more if they can sell the tickets, fantastic that they have put having a great atmosphere ahead of any advantage they might get from the alternative.

I suspect we'll see it as suiting us a bit better to move it given we'll have a new manager in place and hopefully 3-4 new players to get us out of the shit we are in. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Because it's a game worth rescheduling so that it can be played with a good atmosphere. I don't really think any other team has a case for wanting any of their games to be moved. 

That's not a reason for it to be rescheduled... 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

It's a difficult one, prior to yesterday I wouldn't have cared if we got rid of the lot apart from the obvious few, however after yesterday they all looked more than capable of playing and indeed winning at this level.

It seems to be as simple as formation, tactics and confidence that can make the same individuals look either like class acts or league 2 standard dross.

I still maintain that the youthful enthusiasm, work ethic and willingness to close down their man from McKenzie, Maxwell and especially Bradley was what set our stall out early on and the rest of the team immediately followed suit, with notably Murdoch looking back to his best.

The Midfield were all excellent and even Joe (who I like to give stick to) had a very good game as those around him provided the pace and graft to allow him more time on the ball and to calm the play down and pick passes. Raith were completely overwhelmed at times by the sharp passing and closing down of Maxwell, Murdoch, Bradley and McKenzie, they also tracked back and helped out Houston and Reading when required and were quick to break forward and support Adeloye at every opportunity who also looked like a class act up top.

As I say, one swallow doesn't make a Summer, however the guys yesterday really played for Davie White, the jersey and each other with my only slight disappointment being that O'Connor wasn't unleashed as I strongly believe our formation would have suited him perfectly and I reckon he could have run riot if maybe brought on ahead of Afolabi or Moff, however I suppose that's just nit picking on my part.

Whatever happens, we'll probably need to add at least one Centre Mid and one striker (and RB still a little dodgy) but after yesterday there's certainly a few that I reckon could still have a future that before had looked down and

Of Saturdays starting eleven the obvious up grades in the window would be McGinty , Chalmers and controversially at second striker . Either a baller with goals like Cammy Smith or and out and out battering ram like Innes Cameron . Get those three slots fixed and that might just get us to May . 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I suspect we'll see it as suiting us a bit better to move it given we'll have a new manager in place and hopefully 3-4 new players to get us out of the shit we are in. 

Can’t for the life imagine why folks wouldn’t want a derby in front of fans. Killie and Ayr haven’t had this for years. Watched Killie since 1975 and you have to be there, proper rivalries without the OF nonsense.

3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Are you related to C4mmy31? He always puts a pointless "..." at the end of all his posts for no reason too.

The reason the game is being rescheduled is that both teams agreed to reschedule it and the SPFL agreed to that, something which is allowed in the rules and has already happened several times this season.

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

And yet rescheduled it has been...

It won't have any massive bearing on football besides a few clubs chancing their arm and trying to get their games moved i.e Dunfermline and Raith but I doubt it will come to anything.

It's a big game and it suits both clubs perfectly to get it shifted. Thankfully the SPFL saw sense in this situation. 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Why are Queen of the South fans so bothered about when an Ayrshire derby is played?

By then Ayr will have new players signed giving them a better chance 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

It won't have any massive bearing on football besides a few clubs chancing their arm and trying to get their games moved i.e Dunfermline and Raith but I doubt it will come to anything.

It's a big game and it suits both clubs perfectly to get it shifted. Thankfully the SPFL saw sense in this situation. 

In a footballing sense its only worth 3points the same as the rest of the games, sporting integrity... If you wanted games postponed you should have voted along with Queens, ICT, Killie & Pars for a 3 week break. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dont see why if we requested to reschedule our game with Dunfermlines  agreement that it wouldn,t be sanctioned and that would apply to any club

I see our man Mr Mathie had one of the old Hibs top boys George Craig beside him on Sunday in the stand, he is a vastly experienced football operations man who retired a couple of years ago from Hibs , he is certainly using his contacts and can only help in the recruitment and manager level process we are going through and bodes well for the future.

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

Dont see why if we requested to reschedule our game with Dunfermlines  agreement that it wouldn,t be sanctioned and that would apply to any club

Maybe it would maybe it wouldn't.

I don't think Raith would agree to it being moved though. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Either way, it would have been easy to just go down the path of least resistance, so kudos to Ayr for doing what they have done.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Either way, it would have been easy to just go down the path of least resistance, so kudos to Ayr for doing what they have done.

Aye both clubs could've just towed the party line and got the game on. Hopefully we've improved by then and the game can be better than the previous two (at least from an Ayr perspective).