The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This

Crawfords best role is as a box to box midfielder who covers every blade of grass. He’s never been the out and out creative midfielder that McCall wanted him to be. Kelly is more of a number 10 but for someone so young he was so good as a deep lying playmaker and was dictating games for us at times whilst also flying into tackles.

Yeah - Kelly can do absolutely everything as a midfielder and that’s why I absolutely loved him. 

I find Crawford a bit harder to describe, as you say box for box and would work well in a high energy/pressing system. He can do a bit of everything too though. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

After having a quick look at the squads in the premiership there's not a great deal that sticks out.

If you'd accept £200k we'll give you Ali Crawford.

If you'd accept £200k we'll give you Ali Crawford.

Is he not just on loan at you lot?

If you could kindly f**k off and leave Jamie Gullan alone and give us a better chance of getting him I’d be happy.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Is he not just on loan at you lot?

If you could kindly f**k off and leave Jamie Gullan alone and give us a better chance of getting him I’d be happy.

By all accounts we offered him a permanent deal a while ago and the club are just too terrified to announce it.

I'm not sure we're heavily interested in Gullan tbh. I think hes behind Rudden and Wighton on our list, if hes even on it at all.

If we could get all our January business done next week that would be..

Lets Go Yes GIF by Bubble Punk

Had enough of this type of chat this season tbh, seems particularly constant this season. If we haven't shifted the dung by the end of next week then I don' think they will be this season.

By all accounts we offered him a permanent deal a while ago and the club are just too terrified to announce it.
I'm not sure we're heavily interested in Gullan tbh. I think hes behind Rudden and Wighton on our list, if hes even on it at all.

Aye apparently ourselves, Killie and you lot are in for him but you’ve already made your intentions clear with Rudden and Killie seem to be a million miles away from having a manager yet so hopefully we can get that one done.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye apparently ourselves, Killie and you lot are in for him but you’ve already made your intentions clear with Rudden and Killie seem to be a million miles away from having a manager yet so hopefully we can get that one done.

I'd imagine we'll be linked with a lot of players over the next month who we're not interested in.

49 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Gogic and Mulgrew getting mentioned as possibles. I really despair if that's what people on here are actually hoping for. 

We don't help ourselves sometimes, a big slice of realism required. 

Ok O’Ware , Conner Barron , Robbie Crawford and Ross McIver . 

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

O’Ware and MacIver are horrendous shouts. Both not good enough for this level 

It was also confirmed literally this morning that Connor Barron returned to Aberdeen to play for their first team.

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

O’Ware and MacIver are horrendous shouts. Both not good enough for this level 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

It was also confirmed literally this morning that Connor Barron returned to Aberdeen to play for their first team.

I think he might have been taking the piss after being told that Gogic and Mulgrew were unrealistic shouts...

Though, I have no idea why an actual decent player in Robbie Crawford would then be in with them. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wighton..... I thought you were looking for someone to score goals.....  

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Wighton..... I thought you were looking for someone to score goals.....  

Yeah its a weird one. We'll sign at least one more striker on top of Rudden or Wighton (or Gullan) though.

19 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

think he might have been taking the piss after being told that Gogic and Mulgrew were unrealistic shouts...

Though, I have no idea why an actual decent player in Robbie Crawford would then be in with them. 

Pretty much . For me it’s go large or go home . We’ve been paddling around the wee pool for long enough . However if we’re on a budget saver package until the summer the second list is well within budget . Hopefully Barron could be got on a development loan .

Pretty much . For me it’s go large or go home . We’ve been paddling around the wee pool for long enough . However if we’re on a budget saver package until the summer the second list is well within budget . Hopefully Barron could be got on a development loan .

Aberdeen won’t let Barron go though. He’s just been promoted to the first team and Glass wants to involve him more.

3 minutes ago, North British said:

There is a middle ground though - where very good players like Gullan, Crawford and Kelly (may be slightly above this) reside.