The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Reading back on the last few days posts and seeing all the Canning talk. Makes me think of about 2 years ago when McCall left and I saw Canning in the Main stand at one of the games, was sure he was going to be the new manager after a longggg wait and we got Mark Kerr. Would be very suprised if 2years later of doing nothing that we'd appoint him

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Reading back on the last few days posts and seeing all the Canning talk. Makes me think of about 2 years ago when McCall left and I saw Canning in the Main stand at one of the games, was sure he was going to be the new manager after a longggg wait and we got Mark Kerr. Would be very suprised if 2years later of doing nothing that we'd appoint him

I saw Kenny Shiels in the stand at one of our games.

He was just there to see the Super.

I have no idea why Kilmarnock are interested given they have Hendry and Shaw as 9’s, Polworth and Robinson as 10’s and then a number of players that could play higher up out wide. Wouldn’t exactly say that is a position they needed to upgrade. It would be a good signing for us to play in behind Tomi though. 
On Gogic, he was a pretty regular starter for Hibs - we can’t really expect him to drop down a level from the top end of the league above. 

Hendry is only on loan and St Johnstone have the option to bring him back in January which they might choose to do. We had a deal to sign Gullan on loan basically done in August but then Hibs didn't get the striker they were after and kept him.

Not sure what Polworth's situation is given that we haven't seen him in a while and there have been rumours circling about his attitude, similar to what happened at Motherwell. Could just be an injury and a total coincidence though.

15 hours ago, Trogdor said:

More exposure is a good thing and Mathie has helped with that and communication straight away.

It's another reason I want a manger who will generate a bit of buzz like McCall did. We need that to galvanise the support and the local area. 

Totally agree, the almost total disengagement with the media since McCall left has been scandalous partly due to Kerr's fear of the media and Dumb and Dumbers ambivalence to it, provincial club's especially must be constantly engaging with it to generate interest, Mathie has been a breath of fresh air regarding this. 

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Hendry is only on loan and St Johnstone have the option to bring him back in January which they might choose to do. We had a deal to sign Gullan on loan basically done in August but then Hibs didn't get the striker they were after and kept him.

Not sure what Polworth's situation is given that we haven't seen him in a while and there have been rumours circling about his attitude, similar to what happened at Motherwell. Could just be an injury and a total coincidence though.

Davidson doesn’t seem to rate Hendry whatsoever, so you would surely be surprised  if he was recalled! 

Polworth seems to have been a major letdown, thought he would have been one of your signings who should have stood out at this level. 

27 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Wednesday 

Think sooner than that , a new name being banded about rather than Canning , source not the most reliable but gets a couple right every now and then 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Remember in the summer when every time Kilmarnock made a signing, there were 2-3 Kilmarnock fans on this thread asking if we were raging that they had signed such and such a player ?

Just mentioned this guy in another thread. Can only imagine he is raging now.

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is it along the lines of a new and highly thought of coach? 

Plenty of coaching experience both when playing and current role , wouldn’t like to put a name out as it was a message from someone I am not too familiar with, so just putting out that there was a rumour that Canning was not a certainty, but as it is leaks from the club are a thing of the past

Edited by Finlay21

22 minutes ago, Iain said:

Just mentioned this guy in another thread. Can only imagine he is raging now.

The best bit is we kept replying "who?" when he came on and trumpeting them. I'm pretty sure one or two on here explained to him that bringing in bang average Championship players is not how you hose the league. 

I hope he's okay.

Edited by Trogdor

18 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Plenty of coaching experience both when playing and current role , wouldn’t like to put a name out as it was a message from someone I am not too familiar with, so just putting out that there was a rumour that Canning was not a certainty, but as it is leaks from the club are a thing of the past

I am delighted by this but right now my impatience is getting the better of me.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The best bit is we kept replying "who?" when he came on and trumpeting them. I'm pretty sure one or two on here explained to him that bringing in bang average Championship players is not how you hose the league. 

I hope he's okay.

I don't. 

I am delighted by this but right now my impatience is getting the better of me.

Same

I’m concerned that potential signings won’t sign for us until they know who the manager is. Even more concerned they won’t sign if it is Martin Canning. Would far rather we took a punt on someone like McManus or someone similar than Canning.

53 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Same

I’m concerned that potential signings won’t sign for us until they know who the manager is. Even more concerned they won’t sign if it is Martin Canning. Would far rather we took a punt on someone like McManus or someone similar than Canning.

Tam McManus?