The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

That’s more your shopping market, on par with the non league English shite your working with.

Your patter is absolutely honking..... 

I don't mind a gid troller if they are funny or at least witty but you my friends are just shite at it........ 

On a separate note I was watching Back to the Future (film) there and thinking....... Wow if I had had time travelling car think what I could do with it........ 

First thing I would probably do is go back in time and give your old man a Johnny bag..... So I wouldn't have to read ure cringy cringy posts on here...... 👀👀👀👀

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

I think it's probably the piss poor distribution that Adeloye receives that has maybe made him look like he has an attitude problem. If I were him, receiving balls coming from the back and having to challenge for them constantly, i'd have an attitude too. However, if he received passes along the ground, with the build up we had in the second half yesterday, I'm certain his goal tally would double before the end of the season.

I agree that Adeloye has done well to get as many goals as he has given we have played many games effectively without a midfield. Plus his finishing is very good generally (the one on one he missed the other week being the most notable "sitter" I can think of).

However, I think you just have to look at his disciplinary record to get an idea of his attitude - he has had 7 yellow cards in the league and although I haven't checked each one, I think the majority will have been for dissent. He constantly moans and whinges in games to the officials. For a forward to get 7 yellow cards is ridiculous - even Baird and McGinty between them only have 4 in the league! He got a similar ratio of cards to minutes played in his previous club too. While he may be frustrated, I expect more discipline from professionals - he is not 12 years old.

Your patter is absolutely honking..... 

I don't mind a gid troller if they are funny or at least witty but you my friends are just shite at it........ 

On a separate note I was watching Back to the Future (film) there and thinking....... Wow if I had had time travelling car think what I could do with it........ 

First thing I would probably do is go back in time and give your old man a Johnny bag..... So I wouldn't have to read ure cringy cringy posts on here...... [emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]

Giving a man a johnny is the first thing you'd do? That DeLorean would be wasted on you.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

I've got no issue where the players we sign come from. We're clearly signing players of a certain age and profile to let Bully work with them day in day out and to develop them individually and collectively into hopefully something close to an above average Championship / playoff team. 

What we need at the moment is results over performances. The time for working on inventive set pieces, shape in and out of possession, overall playing style and team structure is hopefully being worked on week to week. It's a fine balance between results at the moment to save our league place and the bigger picture.

It's on the manager and his coaching team to maximise every player's performance but it's also down to the players themselves to be able to pass the ball to each other, compete against their opponents and to create chances. We're clearly a work in progress and it clearly shows at times. With the talk of hopefully another two to come in, with some clever and shrewd recruitment there's no reason why we cant stay up this season and then build.

I'll certainly give them time. Did Falkirk not go down the English non league jobber route and look how that turned out for them. Tough month ahead but confident we will get out of this mess

19 minutes ago, rgreig said:

For a forward to get 7 yellow cards is ridiculous - even Baird and McGinty between them only have 4 in the league!

It was when I saw his hissy fit at the first Derby game at Rugby park, he was totally pissed off at getting nothing the whole game and was carded for his strop.

Yesterday he was falling over in attempt for a free kick and whinging again about lack of distribution. His card record doesn't surprise me.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'll certainly give them time. Did Falkirk not go down the English non league jobber route and look how that turned out for them. Tough month ahead but confident we will get out of this mess

I've got faith that Mathie and Glendinning individually and collectively will be able to get better value than Falkirk did. 

Its the strengths and weaknesses of the individual's that you're identifying not necessarily the league they're currently playing in. Then how they'll fit into your overall setup. There are a lot of options in the English lower leagues if you look hard enough. 

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yesterday he was falling over in attempt for a free kick and whinging again about lack of distribution. His card record doesn't surprise me.

It's not that unusual a trait. I watched Gregory Tade get sent off at Stranraer for two quickfire yellows as he kept moaning. It didn't stop him scoring loads of goals mind.

You also see it every week on Match of the Day. 

It's part of the game.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's not that unusual a trait. I watched Gregory Tade get sent off at Stranraer for two quickfire yellows as he kept moaning. It didn't stop him scoring loads of goals mind.

You also see it every week on Match of the Day. 

It's part of the game.

I can think of numerous players in Scottish football who are far worse, albeit they all get far more leeway than Tomi who is generally booked immediately. He is quite demonstrative when he does it, which possibly doesn’t help him and our officious referees obviously have to be seen to do something if someone throws their hands up on frustration. 

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I can think of numerous players in Scottish football who are far worse, albeit they all get far more leeway than Tomi who is generally booked immediately. He is quite demonstrative when he does it, which possibly doesn’t help him and our officious referees obviously have to be seen to do something if someone throws their hands up on frustration. 

You would accept the player has to take his share of responsibility as well though. Just don't do it. 

I like Adeloye and kinda think the criticism he has been getting has been affecting him. He needs an arm round the shoulder and someone beside to support him on the pitch. 

the guy clearly has ability but we don’t play to his strengths. Ashford looks like he could run all day Tomi can stay on the penalty spot ready to link up. I think that’s the route we need to go down.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think it’s also worth mentioning that Mathie and co are fully aware how hard it is to get the players you want in the Scottish market. You kinda limit yourself to young loans or guys that are well out of the picture. Plus it can be a pain as those clubs need to try and maybe replace them.

Down South, a lot of the squads are so bloated that you can find players a bit easier. As long as you do the due diligence on a player then it should limit the risk a bit but there’s always a chance it doesn’t work out. I think in the summer when guys up here are out of contract then we’ll see more signings that we maybe recognise but I’d also expect us to keep looking down South for gems that no one else has found.

Or just do a Morton and go with 2 up front and get the rest of the lads up for it.  They look reasonably safe having signed a young full back on loan and f**k all else