The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

I agree totally we must get better than him if we are to progress,  couple of decent performances recently but no more than that can’t believe we have resigned him.

Looking at it another way, we've just beaten two of the top sides in the league both away from home and McGinty as well as playing for 90 mins in both directly assisted in one of our goals at Rugby park and indeed scored one at Inverness.

We've spent most of the season lambasting the guy and much of it was deserved, however I think we all need to be fair here and give him the credit he's due when things are going well and right now they are, both for Sean himself and the team in general.

Obviously did , speaks highly of him , If Bullen thinks he is right for the team now he has the right partner beside him and a midfield in front of him then that will do for me 
It was a wee joke Robbo. I'm supportive of Bullen and his plans for McGinty.

Mcginty will go on to have horror shows, I agree the culprit for this is Hopkin with the deal he gave him, in recent games you can see Muirhead is doing all the organising  and playing the deeper of the two which is laughable considering Mcginty is supposed to be the Leader/ Captain on the park. I’m sorry but  if Bullen sees him leading us next year the wheels will come off, I’ve spoke to three coaches in the stand from 3 different teams this season and when you mention him they just smile and one of them said why do you think we offloaded him he’s a liability.

23 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Mcginty will go on to have horror shows, I agree the culprit for this is Hopkin with the deal he gave him, in recent games you can see Muirhead is doing all the organising  and playing the deeper of the two which is laughable considering Mcginty is supposed to be the Leader/ Captain on the park. I’m sorry but  if Bullen sees him leading us next year the wheels will come off, I’ve spoke to three coaches in the stand from 3 different teams this season and when you mention him they just smile and one of them said why do you think we offloaded him he’s a liability.

The last 3 games playing with a better balanced team he has been decent , 3 coaches you have spoken to don’t rate him , yet all his previous and current manager have  made him captain , suppose he is going to be a marmite character, but I trust Bullen knows better than us his capabilities to the way he wants the team to play 

We don’t know what Bullen’s plan is for him for next season so there’s no point worrying about it just now when we’re not out of danger just now.

You either love McGinty or hate him no in between it seams, but of the bottom 6 only Morton have conceded less goals than us and i can only recall Partick giving us a doing, he's here for the foreseeable so whatever his limitations let's just hope that Bullen gets the best out of him going forward.

I couldn’t make it in the end last night and I’m a bit annoyed as it sounded like a decent night. Hopefully I can get along to the next one.

I’m please that we’re already looking at extending contracts for next season and I think we’ll end up with the majority of this seasons current bunch re-signing. The only ones I can see us letting go are Fjortoft, Albinson, O’Connor and I think we could maybe lose Reading and who knows what’ll happen with Adeloye. McAllister is probably another that we’ll either loan out or let go permanently.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

The last 3 games playing with a better balanced team he has been decent , 3 coaches you have spoken to don’t rate him , yet all his previous and current manager have  made him captain

David Hopkin

Gus McPherson

David Hopkin again

A real meeting of great minds there. 

Rather fortunate timing this announcement appeared after our two recent wins. Whilst the ship has been steadied recently there were some howling displays earlier on. Suppose the only thing worth focusing on is getting enough points to remain in the league. If we stay up then hopefully enough cover elsewhere should the calamity return. if we end up in the league below then maybe not a bad signing 

I cannot get behind that decision. That is utterly mind blowing.

What the f**k is going on? Has McGinty got pictures of Bullen? Fucking hell. If we have any illusions of getting into the promotion playoffs next season starting McGinty is not the way to do it. I've been really positive about things at the club as of late but that's an utterly rancid decision.

Edit - Those content to blame Hopkin should pause for thought. He's definitely a factor for giving the haddy a contract. However, Bullen has played him and benched Baird. We could have played Baird and benched McGinty. Given its clearly been linked on appearances that's what we should have done. What a fucking riddy.

Edited by Trogdor

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

What the f**k is going on? Has McGinty got pictures of Bullen? Fucking hell. If we have any illusions of getting into the promotion playoffs next season starting McGinty is not the way to do it. I've been really positive about things at the club as of late but that's an utterly rancid decision.

Edit - Those content to blame Hopkin should pause for thought. He's definitely a factor for giving the haddy a contract. However, Bullen has played him and benched Baird. We could have played Baird and benched McGinty. Given its clearly been linked on appearances that's what we should have done. What a fucking riddy.

The club had no option but to extend the contract.  There was a clause which said if he played X games then new deal it is. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's an automatic contract extension based on appearances though so not sure what else the club can do. For all the stick he gets it's worth noting he's missed 8 games this season and we only won 1 of those and conceded 15 goals in the process so it's not as if we suddenly improve without him in the team and other partnerships have proven to be stronger than the current Muirhead / McGinty one.

Given Bullen likes balance I'm sure a left footed CB will be a target in the summer and based on last night it didn't sound like the target is necessarily the promotion play-offs next season (unless we get relegated).

Just now, GaryMc93 said:

It's an automatic contract extension based on appearances though so not sure what else the club can do. For all the stick he gets it's worth noting he's missed 8 games this season and we only won 1 of those and conceded 15 goals in the process so it's not as if we suddenly improve without him in the team and other partnerships have proven to be stronger than the current Muirhead / McGinty one.

Given Bullen likes balance I'm sure a left footed CB will be a target in the summer and based on last night it didn't sound like the target is necessarily the promotion play-offs next season (unless we get relegated).

I would be pretty concerned if the target next season wasn’t the championship promotion play off positions tbh. 

15 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The club had no option but to extend the contract.  There was a clause which said if he played X games then new deal it is. 

We didn't sleepwalk into it. The club obviously wanted to extend. Otherwise you bench him and play Baird before he triggers the number of appearances, surely?

This didn't happen by accident. An utterly rancid decision.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

We didn't sleepwalk into it. The club obviously wanted to extend. Otherwise you bench him and play Baird before he triggers the number of appearances, surely?

He's played in the team in its best form of the season, idiots like Baird or Fjørtoft shouldn't get a pass to play and weaken the no good defence just so someone's contract isn't extended. 

Right now Bullen thinks McGinty is a better option than Baird so he has to play him. He can’t pick his team based on contract clauses for next season.