The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Far more what?

We need someone to create, link up with the striker and potentially score, particularly if Adeloye is missing. 

Running

I've got matters down south which is preventing me from going today, otherwise I would've went. 

If people are deciding on weather not going for a possible bad line-up meaning a massive chance for a grim defeat then I can totally understand why people would avoid today. 

Hopefully there's a good 4-500 fans up there today, though.

Glad Bullen acknowledged Morton's style as it has served them well. Whilst short of a few forwards hopefully he can pick a team to cancel them out this time around. I get why some fans are reluctant to go along today. Been far too many poor results this season caused by having no choice in certain areas. Really need a performance today and some momentum for key games ahead 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Running

Thing is I wouldn’t say Daire is a lazy player, he is just far more likely to be higher up the park looking to be positive. I’m not saying he is a world beater either, but he can bring something different as he was beginning to show prior to dislocating his shoulder. 

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Ruddy signs for Darvel...

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

How much money is he on though? That’s the question. 

Getting paid in Killie pies probably doesn’t give him quite the same bragging rights.

Its a bizarre one, He has been out of Scotland since he was 10 apart from his shite spell at Ayr and has been not getting a game at various clubs around Europe ever since. 

He is 24 so I can only imagine his folks have moved back to Glasgow and this was the only club looking to sign him just now, probably on a decent part time wage. 

How much money is he on though? That’s the question. 

I’m sure he’s already messaged Gavin Swankie to let him know.

Ruddy probably wasn’t the worse keeper we’ve had (still better than Corr and Hutton) but his whole attitude was stinking.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ruddy probably wasn’t the worse keeper we’ve had (still better than Corr and Hutton) but his whole attitude was stinking.

Miles worse than Hutton IMO. Ruddy was an absolute parody of a goalkeeper. I can’t really comment on Corr as wasn’t able to attend at that point. 

I was just about to have a pop on the matchday thread at Morton for charging £14 for the stream which is borderline IMO... however thought i better check first how much we charge for home games and to my horror i've just found it's £18!!

Fucking hell

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Hart that same season wasn’t exactly much better once his confidence went, but he had the advantage of not coming across like a total arsehole.

Yip. Ruddy's attitude took most of the focus away from Hart. You would need to drop below amateur football probably even early youth games to see such damage coming from a goalkeeper. He did have some good points to his game but you can't have that chaos happening each week 

48 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Miles worse than Hutton IMO. Ruddy was an absolute parody of a goalkeeper. I can’t really comment on Corr as wasn’t able to attend at that point. 

Hutton had an attitude on him too. I think he is the godchild of Andy Goram (who appeared at games) or something, so maybe that brought him about some arrogance.

Ruddy was something else though, he thought he belonged at a bigger team without the skills or talents to show for it. Hart was the much better keeper that season, still learning, yes he made mistakes but took the blame for them, unlike Ruddy.

Darvel have a few of Ayrs old players, though I don't think this signing will be a good one at all. They're not that bad a team and I can see him being swept out his depth.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hutton was not the worst keeper I've seen play for us. I remember him making some very good saves in his time with us. He was a p***k though.

Ruddy on the other hand was dire.

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ruddy was something else though, he thought he belonged at a bigger team without the skills or talents to show for it. Hart was the much better keeper that season, still learning, yes he made mistakes but took the blame for them, unlike Ruddy.

I remember Hart pretending he was going to drop the League trophy.

I think he has a job outside of football and has retired now.