The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:
3 minutes ago, bazka6 said:
Advantage? We probably HAVE to now beat Patrick to be sure. Today was the day and they blew it.

They ain't beating Partick or anyone else. Only hope is we jammy our way out of this.

We have got too win at home sometime. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Shades of last season. Crawling to the finish line. Hopkin would be proud.

Very much shades of last season.

Going into the last game of the season with a slender advantage over 8th. We have a tough-ish game on paper while our 2 closest relegation rivals play each other (albeit one of them is now relegated this time). Oh and we haven’t won in god knows how long, just about staying afloat with draws.

I don’t think a draw is out of reach next week but I can’t see us winning. It’s down to the lottery of which Queens team shows up against Dunfermline - one that’s down and can’t be arsed or one that plays without any pressure and makes a game of it?

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Very much shades of last season.

Going into the last game of the season with a slender advantage over 8th. We have a tough-ish game on paper while our 2 closest relegation rivals play each other (albeit one of them is now relegated this time). Oh and we haven’t won in god knows how long, just about staying afloat with draws.

I don’t think a draw is out of reach next week but I can’t see us winning. It’s down to the lottery of which Queens team shows up against Dunfermline - one that’s down and can’t be arsed or one that plays without any pressure and makes a game of it?

Last win was 5th March. 8 league games ago.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Last win was 5th March. 8 league games ago.

It’s grim. It was the same last season, I think the only game Hopkin won was just after he came in, away at Dundee.

The last 2 seasons have been a right laugh.

On the positive side that late OG will probably be the point that saved us. Thistle have nothing to play for.next week as they're guaranteed a play off place unless Raith somehow win 8-0 v Killie. It will be a glorified training session for Partick resting players and not wanting injuries. It's in our own hands and that's all you can ask

On the positive side that late OG will probably be the point that saved us. Thistle have nothing to play for.next week as they're guaranteed a play off place unless Raith somehow win 8-0 v Killie. It will be a glorified training session for Partick resting players and not wanting injuries. It's in our own hands and that's all you can ask
Looking forward to this aging like a fine wine!

I know we’ve had star players before but have we ever relied on a player as much as we have with McInroy this season.

Second time this season he’s bailed us out with a pot shot and he was probably our best player today.

I’m now convinced more than ever that Adeloye is a second striker who needs a goal scorer in front of him. His movement and hold up play was great today but I don’t think he actually got into spaces to score. Ashford did and fluffed three chances.

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Face Palm GIF