The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Only wee guys watch the football under a roof anyway. Or those that don’t want to get wet I suppose.

Either way I’m sure Ayr battering in double figures will make up for any unpleasant weather.

:lol: Battering.......

4 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Any inbred mob of country bumpkins whose main song is some eeka peeka embarrassment deserves to get fucked out at the earliest opportunity.

Re Eeeka Peeka. For those who are not aware of it's origins - and I'll not give you Goldie's, hilarious though it is - it's actually a celebration of diversity in a back handed way.

Many moons ago when Talbot hosted Cumnock at Beechwood in a particularly highly charged atmosphere Cumnock were winning 1-0 when two quick goals from the 'Bot quickly changed things around. The Talbot hordes quickly started up a chant of "You're not singing any more" In amongst the Talbot fans was a deaf fan. He couldn't hear what was being sung but realised it must be something he'd not "heard" before because the lip movements from the fans were different from other songs he'd lip read. He decided to join in but it came out as "Eeka Peeka Pukka Po" The Talbot fans upon hearing him stopped and listened, and the legend of Eeeka Peeka was born, and is still sung at games today.

If you go on youtube and see any of the numerous films of Talbot winning something you'll inevitably see the players singing it as well in the post match celebrations on the pitch along with the trophy and the medals. It's been thus for 30 years, and if you really think it's all about inbred country bumpkins then I genuinely pity you, it's anything but. I hope your ears are pounding with it at the end.....

27 minutes ago, TFW said:

Re Eeeka Peeka. For those who are not aware of it's origins - and I'll not give you Goldie's, hilarious though it is - it's actually a celebration of diversity in a back handed way.

Many moons ago when Talbot hosted Cumnock at Beechwood in a particularly highly charged atmosphere Cumnock were winning 1-0 when two quick goals from the 'Bot quickly changed things around. The Talbot hordes quickly started up a chant of "You're not singing any more" In amongst the Talbot fans was a deaf fan. He couldn't hear what was being sung but realised it must be something he'd not "heard" before because the lip movements from the fans were different from other songs he'd lip read. He decided to join in but it came out as "Eeka Peeka Pukka Po" The Talbot fans upon hearing him stopped and listened, and the legend of Eeeka Peeka was born, and is still sung at games today.

If you go on youtube and see any of the numerous films of Talbot winning something you'll inevitably see the players singing it as well in the post match celebrations on the pitch along with the trophy and the medals. It's been thus for 30 years, and if you really think it's all about inbred country bumpkins then I genuinely pity you, it's anything but. I hope your ears are pounding with it at the end.....

Forgive poor James!  He is but a Paisley simpleton, unaccustomed to our progressive ways in Ayrshire. He now resides in the shire so there is hope for him yet!

17 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Forgive poor James!  He is but a Paisley simpleton, unaccustomed to our progressive ways in Ayrshire. He now resides in the shire so there is hope for him yet!

Not surprised he doesn't like progressive ways, given his tendency to use homophobic insults.

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:21, Lochwood said:

I'm aware of the TVs deal that is shared out with all the league, how does that help ayr in their losses for loss of Saturday income that they would have budgeted for

Nature of the beast, the prize money is made up with TV money. Higher up the league you get, the more TV money you get.

I reckon this season we'll have about 10  Saturday games at Rugby Park at 3pm, so if you get promoted you've got that to look forward to.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nature of the beast, the prize money is made up with TV money. Higher up the league you get, the more TV money you get.

I reckon this season we'll have about 10  Saturday games at Rugby Park at 3pm, so if you get promoted you've got that to look forward to.

We have 2 more after we play Aberdeen mid December (max either could still be moved)

14 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Last I heard he was supporting troon .

f**k knows why .

Strange someone can be a diehard fan one season and cut all ties the next :thumbsdown

My understanding is that he had a falling out with those that run the club. Monster was a good guy.  I also have a fine relationship with the club. I cannot come up with a more milquetoast answer than that. Looking forward to Tannadice on Friday!

48 minutes ago, wuffster said:

My understanding is that he had a falling out with those that run the club. Monster was a good guy.  I also have a fine relationship with the club. I cannot come up with a more milquetoast answer than that. Looking forward to Tannadice on Friday!

Yeah I liked monster .used too get the bus with him from the drouthy bar back in the day .