The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What a performance.

when teams need to come out an attack you seem to create chance after chance.

I did hear Sunderland are about to sign a left CB so looks like Rose will stay. Shankland, I honestly think will move on. Clubs don’t hang about theses days either buying or selling when there is a natural goal scorer around and there is good money to be made.

17 minutes ago, SueSue said:

What a performance.

when teams need to come out an attack you seem to create chance after chance.

I did hear Sunderland are about to sign a left CB so looks like Rose will stay. Shankland, I honestly think will move on. Clubs don’t hang about theses days either buying or selling when there is a natural goal scorer around and there is good money to be made.

Yes but we have an unbelievable opportunity to go up this season. You have to factor that into the equation. The one thing our chairman has been superb at over the years is not bowing down to the supposed big clubs. 

That said ultimately the decision will be that of Sir Shankland. If he wants to go the club will sell. If he wants to see out the season we won't.

Watching that last night albeit on TV was just beautiful. Makes all those shitty trips to places like cowdungbeath on a freezing Wednesday night worth it. In 30 odd years supporting Ayr I’ve never been this happy. What makes it even better is the actual team are such a well gelled unit that love playing together. A goal is scored and they all celebrate. It’s like getting up in the morning and being happy that you’re going to work. 

Special shout out to MCCall. There have been frustrations from many including myself in the past, however..... he’s turned us into a professional outfit that has surpassed our expectations already this season. Long let it continue. 

Found this whilst I was having a youtube trawl from back in the days when we used to lose in the City of Dundee. 

Never seen this before and before my time anyway, but how many of you were at this one. 

No sound and weirdly edited

18 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Found this whilst I was having a youtube trawl from back in the days when we used to lose in the City of Dundee. 

Never seen this before and before my time anyway, but how many of you were at this one. 

No sound and weirdly edited

Don't know how many were there but I do remember some of our fans getting lifted because we took the lead, a guy Hutchy next to me was lifted for nowt straight after we scored.

I plunked the school and remember my dad showing off his boxing skills when I waltzed home in the middle of the night.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Where we are now just shows why football fans should be completely ignored. I’m not having a go as I understood at the time the reasoning, but around 18 months ago there were plenty wanting McCall sacked. Unbelievable what we would have missed out on had that happened.

To say the least I wasn't overly enthused by his appointment in the first place. 

That basically tells you that I know feck all about football.

All the time we have been creaming our pants about Shankland, Rose, Moore, McDaid, Moffat, Geggan, Smith et al, he is the man who put them all together.

All Hail Jobby!

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Where we are now just shows why football fans should be completely ignored. I’m not having a go as I understood at the time the reasoning, but around 18 months ago there were plenty wanting McCall sacked. Unbelievable what we would have missed out on had that happened.

Everything's better in hindsight.

Lachlan' trait of showing too much loyalty to managers has led to us watching some utter dross over the years, this time we're getting to watch a fantastic side due to that loyalty.

If we had scored that 3rd goal against Stirling Albion in 87 and averted the misery of that day, we wouldn't be remembering the 88 team  with such fondness.

fwiw I opposed both Reid's and McCall's sackings and was proven completely right, so it's not that _all_ fans should be ignored, just the wrong ones.

Reid’s sacking was completely justified. There were arguments that McCall could’ve been sacked as well which I didn’t agree with but wouldn’t have complained had he gone.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but there’s not one fan that would’ve predicted what we’ve done after our last visit to the Championship let alone McCall would’ve been the guy to get us there.

First to admit I wasn't happy with the appointment, thought he should have went we went down but I'm pleased to say I was completely wrong I think Ayr United has been as good for McCall as McCall has been for Ayr

22 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

See when you're in the Premier next season, can you go easy on me on the train trips to Paisley? Thanks in advance.

For our colts in the challenge cup?