The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

McCall, get a grip on this Crawford situation or the season will slip away, he is and has been abysmal for months, truly awful again today, not able to go by junior players and would get swiped aside by Talbot players.

It's been such a shit season. 

11 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Tommy Sloan will have Talbot well prepared for the game, one of the, if not the best managers in junior football of all time.  

Ayr have Mccall. :-) 

I'm unsure about the Junior leagues, call it ignorance. So Is it safe to suspect that Auchinleck would pose a harder challenge than Beith yesterday? 

15 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Auchinleck are closer to Kilmarnock and Cumnock play in black and white. this has been the basis for me to have been on the side of Cumnock over the years in the bitterest derby in world football.  Most Cumnock fans I know hope Aye do well, every Auchinleck fan I have met has been a p***k, without exception. 

Tommy Sloan will have Talbot well prepared for the game, one of the, if not the best managers in junior football of all time.  

No idea what Talbot fans you came across, but every single Talbot fan that I know? have been fine with me and they always wish Ayr well anytime I'm talking to them.

Anybody know if the club are compensated for the loss of income from Saturday games, the Dundee United one would have been a 3/4 k attendance the way both teams are going ,a Friday night will struggle to get 2k so that's a lot on money that I would presume been budgeted for ?

54 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Anybody know if the club are compensated for the loss of income from Saturday games, the Dundee United one would have been a 3/4 k attendance the way both teams are going ,a Friday night will struggle to get 2k so that's a lot on money that I would presume been budgeted for ?

Of course they are...it's the money from the TV deal...

11 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I'm aware of the TVs deal that is shared out with all the league, how does that help ayr in their losses for loss of Saturday income that they would have budgeted for

It's just the price to pay for being near the top of the Championship. It's annoying having games moved but if the club are happy to take the television money there's only so much moaning we can do about it.

Talbot's official capacity at the moment is 3,500, and if we get that it will be one hell of an atmosphere. Our game against Cove in the second round replay was as good an atmosphere as we've had for years, and the Ayr game should be better.

You'll not play on a better playing surface anywhere in Scotland, it's superb, but don't take my word for it ask anyone who's ever been there and they'll confirm it. Having seen your highlights against Beith it will definitely suit your style of play. We lose very few games at Beechwood, and that's something historical, there's not many clubs get a result there. This season in our league games - we've only played 8 because of our Scottish Cup exploits - our defence is meaner than Philip Hammond at Budget time and we've only conceded four goals. That said, we know we're up against some quality, and there'll be some sibling rivalry as well as we also have a decent Shankland in our squad. He's been out injured since the first Cove Rangers game, but imagine he'll be chomping at the bit for this one.

Whatever happens it'll be a great day for us - we can't lose. The finances we get from the game will give us a boost for next season. After we played at Hearts and got the financial boost from that game we won the next four Super League titles on the bounce, and two Junior Cups. Expectations are high. Am confident everyone will be made most welcome...the talk of stab vests is daft, there'll be no trouble. Looking forward immensely to this game. EPPP.

On 24/11/2018 at 21:34, itzdrk said:

They are a pathetic club who only want to be the 'big' boys at their pathetic level.  I hope they make f**k all from this. 

Gonny make a fecking fortune and we will be ripping the pennies out your wee purse. Unfortunately we were wanting to draw a big club, but hey ho the Beechwood coffers will be overflowing. By the way I hope its raining coz you lot are in the uncovered end.

8 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Gonny make a fecking fortune and we will be ripping the pennies out your wee purse. Unfortunately we were wanting to draw a big club, but hey ho the Beechwood coffers will be overflowing. By the way I hope its raining coz you lot are in the uncovered end.

tAz37sB.gif

Only wee guys watch the football under a roof anyway. Or those that don’t want to get wet I suppose.

Either way I’m sure Ayr battering in double figures will make up for any unpleasant weather.

1 hour ago, TFW said:

Talbot's official capacity at the moment is 3,500, and if we get that it will be one hell of an atmosphere. Our game against Cove in the second round replay was as good an atmosphere as we've had for years, and the Ayr game should be better.

You'll not play on a better playing surface anywhere in Scotland, it's superb, but don't take my word for it ask anyone who's ever been there and they'll confirm it. Having seen your highlights against Beith it will definitely suit your style of play. We lose very few games at Beechwood, and that's something historical, there's not many clubs get a result there. This season in our league games - we've only played 8 because of our Scottish Cup exploits - our defence is meaner than Philip Hammond at Budget time and we've only conceded four goals. That said, we know we're up against some quality, and there'll be some sibling rivalry as well as we also have a decent Shankland in our squad. He's been out injured since the first Cove Rangers game, but imagine he'll be chomping at the bit for this one.

Whatever happens it'll be a great day for us - we can't lose. The finances we get from the game will give us a boost for next season. After we played at Hearts and got the financial boost from that game we won the next four Super League titles on the bounce, and two Junior Cups. Expectations are high. Am confident everyone will be made most welcome...the talk of stab vests is daft, there'll be no trouble. Looking forward immensely to this game. EPPP.

It appears there is at least 1 Junior fan who isn’t a complete weapon.