The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 hours ago, Waniche said:

I’m really starting to get sick fed up with elements of our support. I honestly think as an ‘honest man’ some just go to Somerset to f#cking moan for the sake of moaning. Before kick off I’d have bitten your hand off for a draw. 3-1 up at half time and I was ecstatic. We are top of the league and playing like heavyweight champions, any league position outwith the relegation zone is an achievement....but we are top of the league! I’ve always been of the opinion that if you pay to go then it’s your perogative to say, shout, sing what you want within legal boundaries. Now I think “ where the f@ck were you when we played Forfar away and staring into the abyss of fourth tier Scottish football”? 

Sorry for the rant but some need a reality check!

Totally agree, our players are giving their all week in and week out, we're playing great football and I can honestly say I'm enjoying this season better than any I can remember and that includes the Teale, Walker, Hurst era and the Walker, Templeton, Bryce era.

It makes it even more special when the players are all our own (other than young Doohan), they're all young and seem to get on great with both each other and the fans and it's all being done on a shoestring unlike the Barr era.

We really are SUPER AYR as far as I'm concerned.............

I see that we're being linked with a January move for Bannigan (over on the Thistle thread), however I am wondering if anyone knows the situation as regards the injuries to Kerr & Adams ?

I read that Forrest had a back injury and has returned to light training but will be unlikely to feature until January, however I've no idea about the other two and in fact the three of them just seemed to appear out of the blue as I can't remember seeing anything happening to them during the matches ??

Any ideas folks ??

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I see that we're being linked with a January move for Bannigan (over on the Thistle thread), however I am wondering if anyone knows the situation as regards the injuries to Kerr & Adams ?

I read that Forrest had a back injury and has returned to light training but will be unlikely to feature until January, however I've no idea about the other two and in fact the three of them just seemed to appear out of the blue as I can't remember seeing anything happening to them during the matches ??

Any ideas folks ??

Don't think we need Bannigan or similar.

Wouldn’t have said we need another central midfielder unless McCall is planning on letting Docherty leave in January.

He’d certainly be an upgrade on what we’ve already got and he was one of the better midfielders in the Premiership before his injury. Whether he’s still as good as he once was who knows but he’d certainly provide a different option to what we’ve got.

However I’d rather we added another centre back and winger.

I really liked Bannigan in his loan spell with us and he went on to be a mainstay in the Thistle team but I think injuries may have took their toll on him. I’d much rather we went for Daniel Armstrong at Raith. Been on fire for them and can play wide or centrally I believe. 

ETA: If we’re looking at bring in a centre mid it probably means Ross Docherty is offski. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

I really liked Bannigan in his loan spell with us and he went on to be a mainstay in the Thistle team but I think injuries may have took their toll on him. I’d much rather we went for Daniel Armstrong at Raith. Been on fire for them and can play wide or centrally I believe. 
ETA: If we’re looking at bring in a centre mid it probably means Ross Docherty is offski. 

Is Armstrong the one that was on loan at Dunfermline last season from Wolves? Isn’t he also a local lad or am I thinking of someone else?

Either Armstrong or Cardle would be decent enough options for me.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Armstrong the one that was on loan at Dunfermline last season from Wolves? Isn’t he also a local lad or am I thinking of someone else?

Either Armstrong or Cardle would be decent enough options for me.

The very same. I used to work with his mum and she said we tried to get him on loan same time as Ruddy but wolves wanted him to go to a championship team. 

The very same. I used to work with his mum and she said we tried to get him on loan same time as Ruddy but wolves wanted him to go to a championship team. 

His name seems to be popping up quite regularly scoring for Raith. No idea how he did with Dunfermline last season so he may or may not be good enough.

On 15/12/2018 at 17:33, UpInTheAyr said:

The fabled  half & half Ayr/Rangers scarf exists. Saw a lad with one today going into the ground.

oooooh... Bookmarked.....i knew i was right when i mentioned it on your cup tread....

We will not be signing anyone who’s under contract so unless Brannigan, Armstrong or Cardle are free agents they will most definitely not be signing for us.

Bannigan and Armstrong are out of contract in January and Cardle is a free agent.

We have 3 out of contract players in January , I heard 2 will be offered deals to end of season on different terms and 1 will move on, the 3 are Docherty, Ferguson and Higgins 

Higgins is contracted until the end of the season.

Im sure Higgins signed an extension halfway through last season for a year. That it would end next month doesnt make sense.

Fine with him and Doc staying, assume it's Ferguson on his way out

Aye I’m certain he signed an extension only a month or two after joining and it was until the end of this season. Trying to find the info somewhere.

I’d be shocked if Ferguson was given a new contract.