The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Mullin hasn’t been great recently, and Ashford actually played well when he came on. It’ll just involve us changing our style a bit in terms of having more of a worker in Ashford out wide - potentially allowing us to have a bit more craft in Maguire to make up for his lack of match fitness at the moment. 

Obviously isn’t great news, but isn’t as bad as it would have been in January. 

Edited by No_Problemo

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Mullin hasn’t been great recently, and Ashford actually played well when he came on. It’ll just involve us changing our style a bit in terms of having more of a worker in Ashford out wide - potentially allowing us to have a bit more craft in Maguire to make up for his lack of match fitness at the moment. 

Obviously isn’t great news, but isn’t as bad as it would have been in January. 

I like Josh but his movement over the past few weeks has been non existent and he just seemed to hang around the touchline and not get involved too much, that said, the whole team prior to Saturday were a bit like that !!

The one thing we'd really miss him for is his deliveries, however that's been negated with us having McAlear and Maguire who are both very good at set pieces and even Daire (assuming his red gets rescinded)who should hopefully be available for Falkirk at least.

Incidentally, does anyone know when appeals are heard ??

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I like Josh but his movement over the past few weeks has been non existent and he just seemed to hang around the touchline and not get involved too much, that said, the whole team prior to Saturday were a bit like that !!

The one thing we'd really miss him for is his deliveries, however that's been negated with us having McAlear and Maguire who are both very good at set pieces and even Daire (assuming his red gets rescinded)who should hopefully be available for Falkirk at least.

If we put an appeal in today he’ll be free to play tomorrow while we await decision of appeal. 

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yeah - I had the exact same thought on McAlear - though I’m not sure how we will set up when Murdoch returns. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah - I had the exact same thought on McAlear - though I’m not sure how we will set up when Murdoch returns. 

Yes, if Mullin had been fit we could have tried the 3-5-2 with the extra man in the middle now that Frankie is back and gone ultra attacking with Mullin right and Daire left, McAlear, Murdoch and Dempsey Central with Dipo and McKenzie up top with Maguire getting the last 30 mins or so.

We might concede a few but I'm certain we'd score a load.

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Mullen out for 6 -8 weeks

Shame we can’t send him to Arsenal for treatment.

Hes been average since he signed permanently and the shape we were playing with him wasn’t really working.  But he’s a good, experienced player and will be a big miss for the rest of the season. 

It’ll be fairly ironic if a switch back to the earlier formation of Ashford and O’Connor wide sees an upturn in form. I’d expect that McKenzie will play alongside Dipo until Maguire gets fit enough. 

7 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Appeal in for Daire confirmed by the club

Does that mean he can play tomorrow night?

If overturned before the game, yes.