The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Thoughts??

24A4E539-8D46-4DDD-81EA-C6BAA6E00C45.png

Good decision, considering it’s unlikely Kirk will come back to us next season having a guranteed solid enough centre back like McGinty secured will make the worry of replacing Kirk a lot less serious

not to mention how much he has improved since Bullen came in he deserves this 

Edited by muZZa__44

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Thoughts??

24A4E539-8D46-4DDD-81EA-C6BAA6E00C45.png

His extension last season kick started his shift from constant bombscare to competent Championship defender. 

He’s been absolutely fine this season with the occasional error that we get punished for which isn’t bad either. Good to have continuity and we will need another one, maybe two in during the summer anyway. 

ambivalent on the verge of pleased, which is miles ahead of where he was in my estimations at points last season. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

His extension last season kick started his shift from constant bombscare to competent Championship defender. 

He’s been absolutely fine this season with the occasional error that we get punished for which isn’t bad either. Good to have continuity and we will need another one, maybe two in during the summer anyway. 

ambivalent on the verge of pleased, which is miles ahead of where he was in my estimations at points last season. 

He’s basically turned into an average Championship defender. Much like what we had at this level with Steven Bell. Will undoubtedly make mistakes but is solid enough most weeks. As you say we’ll to replace Kirk in the summer and potentially add another depending on what we decide to do with McAllister. 

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Who we wanting to win tonight? Inverness or K*lmarnock?

Obviously, I don't like either, though would love another Ayrshire derby semi final. On paper Inverness would be the easier game though 🤔

Inverness, purely from an anxiety point of view.

If we beat Falkirk and drew them, it would be a few weeks of expecting to go out to a bogey team. 
The other scenario would be weeks of waiting on a huge game against Kilmarnock that starts to get all consuming. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

He’s basically turned into an average Championship defender. Much like what we had at this level with Steven Bell. Will undoubtedly make mistakes but is solid enough most weeks. As you say we’ll to replace Kirk in the summer and potentially add another depending on what we decide to do with McAllister. 

I think McCallister deserves an extension based on the last 3 months. He was dreadful at the start of the season and we lost about 5 identical goals because of him. 
He’s a good defensive right back and fits in the formation we have played most of the season. The formation doesn’t suit Houston or Reading. 

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Who we wanting to win tonight? Inverness or K*lmarnock?

Obviously, I don't like either, though would love another Ayrshire derby semi final. On paper Inverness would be the easier game though 🤔

I was thinking on the drive to placement that I would love to get revenge for 2012.

I think he gets a lot of stick from fans. I would have offered him a year deal and that would have been that. I really don’t want him as a starter next season and we are looking to build a team for promotion and premiership in the next few years and don’t think he will add to the first team which means we will have our club captain mainly on the bench. 

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think he was on a good run a bit before that. Vaguely seem to remember some chat being that he was putting in a shift in order to trigger the extension. I fanything I very vaguely remember his form dipping a bit after he signed it.