The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Wish I had your optimism fella 😂 I don’t think I could watch us v Celtic. That shit should come with a “distressing viewing” warning 

I’m actually scared if we ended up playing Celtic. Jota vs Reading, Maeda vs McAllister, McGinty vs Kyogo… It really could be a cricket score. 

23 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I’m actually scared if we ended up playing Celtic. Jota vs Reading, Maeda vs McAllister, McGinty vs Kyogo… It really could be a cricket score. 

Aye I dont think I could stomach paying to see that at Hampden. It would probably be the most depressing game I've ever seen which is saying something as I  was a regular during the Shanks/Watt era's 🤣

Edited by Thereisalight..

A semi final of Inverness Caley Thistle V Monday nights winners is what Scottish football wants. 

Celtic will win it it anyway so it would be fucking magic to see Raith pull off the impossible at Ibrox as well.

Edited by AuAl

It is pretty likely we would get an absolute hiding, particularly from Celtic but Killie managed to give Celtic a decent game in a semi final and they are fucking terrible… 

However, think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves… 

6 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Can't really argue with that. This signing suggests that we aren't really looking to kick on in the next few years from where we are. Don't get me wrong i am happy with our current position and being competitive in this league. It just goes against the vision set out by the club and the new facilities should be open by year two of this extension

Don't agree. He's been an average / slightly above average centre back for the Championship this season, and hardly ever misses a game through injury. Also seems to be a good guy around the dressing room etc.  On the assumption that Kirk will be away and replaced by another similar loan signing / Musonda veing chocolate and inevitably missing a month or two it's an absolute no brainer to keep him IMO.  

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It is pretty likely we would get an absolute hiding, particularly from Celtic but Killie managed to give Celtic a decent game in a semi final and they are fucking terrible… 

However, think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves… 

I say it every time and it's only ever happened once. I go to Ayr games against the old firm in the hope that we get a goal. As much as I'd be over the moon and absolutely ecstatic at an Ayr win, I'd be happy with a goal. 

Nothing was ever quite so beautiful as Alan Forrest taking the ball off the sevco keeper.

So if we manage to pip Falkirk, if we do draw either the old firm, I'd like to see Akinyemi give his all.

18 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I say it every time and it's only ever happened once. I go to Ayr games against the old firm in the hope that we get a goal. As much as I'd be over the moon and absolutely ecstatic at an Ayr win, I'd be happy with a goal. 

Nothing was ever quite so beautiful as Alan Forrest taking the ball off the sevco keeper.

So if we manage to pip Falkirk, if we do draw either the old firm, I'd like to see Akinyemi give his all.

We may have ultimately got gubbed in that game, but the sheer unadulterated joy I felt when we took the lead against Sevco will live with me forever.

51 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Is there anyone on here who is going to own up to being old enough to have seen us beat Celtic or Deadco?

Genuinely, I'm vaguely jealous of anyone who has. What a memory that must be.

I seem to recall Ayr United beating Celtic 3 times in the same season, our last season in the top flight of Scottish football. I was present at at least 2 of these games. I recall watching Ayr play Celtic in the cup that year in Glasgow, it was nil nil approaching the end and we left 2 minutes from the end to beat the traffic to hear on the car radio that Ayr had just scored the winner in the last minute. Johnny Doyle was the star for Ayr and gave Celtic endless problems which came to an end when Celtic bought him from us and we ended up being relegated never to return to the top flight.

Edited by Toepoker