The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

if your needing someone to track back and help your best choice is probably Ashford 

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Bah gawd, that’s Sam Ashford’s music!

I think that might be what I'm saying tbf.

Either that or I've gone full blown Mourinho and more worried about stiflling the opposition rather than playing to our strengths.

We need to keep it tight at Firhill and bring them back to Somerset.

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The later is more salient for me.

I do worry that Reading will be torn a new one by Lawless & McMillan on that flank. Whoever is in front of Reading will need to be tracking back to help him out.

Screenshot_20230513-002020.thumb.png.71cba5f3404f440a6f5ef45713506f98.png

Brian Graham was fuming in that last game, he couldn't get away from Musonda all day. At one point he was out on the left wing trying to get some respite from Zambia's finest. 

5 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

If Including the small stand and enclosure section it's just over 3200 I think. Without stand etc I think it's around 2700

Yes , 310 in West Stand and 2710 in Railwayy end 

From watching the 2 Thistle v QP games and also our recent trip up there I think we need to be ready to weather an early storm.   That one up there after 20 mins it looked like they were going to blow us away, and they got their early goal.  Fortunately we managed to stop them adding to it and once the game settled down we actually looked the team in control, and got the deserved equaliser.   Both playoff games they've gone 2 up within about 30 mins

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Do we drop Reading, bring Kirk back in and shift Frankie to left back?

Had Kirk played a few games recently i'd have dropped McGinty and brought him in. As it stands though a useful player to have on the bench for cover 

25 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Had Kirk played a few games recently i'd have dropped McGinty and brought him in. As it stands though a useful player to have on the bench for cover 

McGinty has been very good recently, no way would he deserve to be dropped , his partnership with Musonda is very strong 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

McGinty has been very good recently, no way would he deserve to be dropped , his partnership with Musonda is very strong 

I think the poster was suggesting it is horses for courses rather than a criticism of McGinty.

McGinty is very good at dealing with high balls. Thistle don't tend to do that, they keep the ball on the deck and work it from side to side and keep it along the ground. Running at defenders and passing it beyond them. 

FWIW I would still play Big Sean.

My only thought was swapping out Reading but I think Ashford could help with that so it may not be necessary.

I actually think first 5/10 minutes Partick are there to be got at. They started slow in both qp games and picked up after that point. I’d go at them first 5-10 then try settle and try control more of the game. Kirk won’t be quite ready to start but can see him coming on if we are trying to keep it tight at the end of the game. If he does well then can see us dropping reading in the second if he reverts to type.

I’d imagine he will have had some reserve football to get him match ready or arsenal wouldn’t have allowed him back up 

Edited by ryanayr1987

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I actually think first 5/10 minutes Partick are there to be got at. They started slow in both qp games and picked up after that point. I’d go at them first 5-10 then try settle and try control more of the game. Kirk won’t be quite ready to start but can see him coming on if we are trying to keep it tight at the end of the game. If he does well then can see us dropping reading in the second if he reverts to type.

I’d imagine he will have had some reserve football to get him match ready or arsenal wouldn’t have allowed him back up 

In his interview last night he said he was mainly only doing rehabilitation work at Arsenal and felt he was a yard slow at training this week but has time to get fit for next week , said if we were playing this week he would not be able to take part