The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What's the situation with Jay Henderson? Did he not do really well at ICT last season. Presuming he's under contract at  St Mirren?

Left St Mirren iirc but they are due compensation which is believed to be quite hefty. 

I didn’t rate him that much tbh. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What's the situation with Jay Henderson? Did he not do really well at ICT last season. Presuming he's under contract at  St Mirren?

He's one of the players I love to hate. Would take me a while to like him if he signed.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Left St Mirren iirc but they are due compensation which is believed to be quite hefty. 

I didn’t rate him that much tbh. 

I liked the look of him, seemed to do well at ICT. It's one of the ones we could maybe look at once the sale of Dipo is confirmed and we're rolling in the cash 😎 

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

He's one of the players I love to hate. Would take me a while to like him if he signed.

Why?

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the issue with the contract? Is it money or length? Surely you’d be able to justify giving him another two years? 

He's already one of the highest paid players in the league. So even if you're offering him a 2 year deal. Is he going to be within your budget? 

1 minute ago, Juanhourjoe said:

He's already one of the highest paid players in the league. So even if you're offering him a 2 year deal. Is he going to be within your budget? 

We’ve just had our two highest earners (supposedly) leave the club in Maguire and Mullin. We’re also selling Akinyemi for somewhere in the region of 200K so I’d imagine our budget is quite healthy. We won’t be spunking it on McKay for obvious reasons but I’d imagine we could match what you guys are paying him. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Why?

I just recall him being a smarmy wee shit whilst on the north terrace side. Certainly gave McAllister a job and a half that day. Then he went and scored and sealed my hatred.

Obviously, if he moved to play for Ayr, it would take me personally a wee while to get used to him in Ayr Colours.

I'd be very surprised if they signed McKay. I appreciate Bullen said they want experience, but that would be a huge chunk of the budget invested in hoping a 34 year old and a 35 year old stay healthy for most of the season. (Though my cynical side sees the built-in excuse for when they don't...)

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

IMG-20230627-WA0000.jpg

Can't see that happening; we would get more from Gillingham and I  thought that it was pretty much a given he wanted to go back to England? Would be very surprised if we were to sell him to a team in our division next year.

10 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He's out of contract but because St. Mirren offered him a deal, even though he turned it down, they would still be due compensation IIRC. Buddies fans seem to think it would be a pretty hefty fee given how long he has been with them so that would probably put him out of reach of a lot of Championship sides if that is true.

Would take McKay in a heartbeat but I'd be astonished if he ended up at Ayr. Although in the net 10 years or so he's spent in Scottish football the club furthest south he's played for was Dundee Utd and the south west Riviera isn't for everyone.