The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

He's not going to sign a new deal unless we go up and offer him a massive wage rise, I for one can't see him throwing his toys out the pram why would you another season with 20+ goals/assists puts him more in the shop window for a club that's maybe top end league 1/bottom half championship, I get its hard being away from your family but its part of the gig when your a professional footballer.

10 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The only way he’d do that is if the wage was significantly higher and there was a minimum fee release clause say 400k

Even at that, I can’t imagine Ayr will be matching whatever wage some League One mob will be offering him in 6 months. There’s no way he’d agree, so it’s either he goes now for something or next summer for nothing.

I know we don’t want to be underselling ourselves but if he ends up leaving for nothing next summer it makes a mockery of the club banging on about offering longer contracts so we aren’t losing good players for nothing.

If we can’t get the price we want for him we don’t have much hope of getting it for anyone else.

37 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Why wouldn’t he?

More money immediately and we all know money talks.

Because it ties him to a club he (with all due respect) doesn’t really want to be at for another two years with no guarantee that anyone will pay what Ayr want to get him.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Even at that, I can’t imagine Ayr will be matching whatever wage some League One mob will be offering him in 6 months. There’s no way he’d agree, so it’s either he goes now for something or next summer for nothing.

12 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Because it ties him to a club he (with all due respect) doesn’t really want to be at for another two years with no guarantee that anyone will pay what Ayr want to get him.

This. He'd be fucking mental to accept a new deal at Ayr. His performances could fall off a cliff or he might get injured locked into a relatively lower deal than he's worth. You've got teams at the top end of League 2 who can easily pay £5k a week. If he goes to league 1, then he'll be increasing that even further. He's floated about down south for a few seasons before and not really had a break until now. He'll see this as a huge opportunity to make good money back in England. 

You can simultaneously try your best to keep Akinyemi, refuse to be bullied on the price, and lose him for nothing.

If he leaves for nothing its not a failing of the club, the same shite happens to every club on the planet. Its happening to PSG right now too.

Dipo signed a contract for two years, I'm assuming that he asked for no clause to leave after a year or if a certain value of transfer fee was offered, we took the risk on a guy who could have been a flop and be be stuck with him on a two year deal or had to pay up his contract to get him off the books, the reward for taking the risk is having a very good striker for two seasons or getting a decent transfer fee for our star player, IMO he does not go for under £200k with a decent sell on agreement, if the club take less than £200k it just reinforces that English clubs think they can just come up to Scotland and cherry pick the best talent for penny's 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can simultaneously try your best to keep Akinyemi, refuse to be bullied on the price, and lose him for nothing.

If he leaves for nothing its not a failing of the club, the same shite happens to every club on the planet. Its happening to PSG right now too.

Is that big Canadian boy Saints let go any good ??

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbh if he scores a load of goals for us this season then that could be worth more to us than whatever clubs are willing to pay.

I wouldn't see keeping him and him leaving for free next summer to be a failing of the club at all.