The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

44 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Gillingham finished 85th in the English pyramid last season. Their direct equivalent up here is Largs Thistle who finished 85th in Scotland.

Gillingham are to Man City what Largs are to Celtic.

Hardly comparable when England's pyramid system is in a country with 56 million people whereas Scotland's is in a country of 5.5 million

6 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

Well said . Scottish Championship clubs’ level is equivalent to the English National League at best.

McKay at Ross County today admitted their stadium has more seats than the town has residents ( and that’s pathetically low) . St Johnstone can’t fill their ground for home games and so it goes on throughout Scottish football. 
The Jags were one week away from not being able to pay players and or staff but were lucky with the cup draw. 
League One average wage bill in England is 7 Million. Scottish Championship?

Where will Dipo go if given a reasonable offer?

That's cherry picking though in the extreme.

Take a Dundee or Dundee United and compare them to some of the mickey mouse dross down there, both in terms of support and size of stadium.

There's plenty of clubs in the English lower leagues (and even the top leagues) who are heading for financial disaster at any given moment. The cash they're spending is unsustainable and makes the likes of Gretna look good.....

17 minutes ago, Mike the Magyar said:

Well said . Scottish Championship clubs’ level is equivalent to the English National League at best.

McKay at Ross County today admitted their stadium has more seats than the town has residents ( and that’s pathetically low) . St Johnstone can’t fill their ground for home games and so it goes on throughout Scottish football. 
The Jags were one week away from not being able to pay players and or staff but were lucky with the cup draw. 
League One average wage bill in England is 7 Million. Scottish Championship?

Where will Dipo go if given a reasonable offer?

As Wattoo says you can cherry pick it either way as much as you want. 

National League at best 😂

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, stevep56 said:

Wonder whether Dipo would want a move to Gillingham?  There are lots of things he would have to consider - travel time & cost from (say) London to Gillingham each day,  contract duration,  salary,  team coach/manager,  family circumstances, etc.    Bullen is working away from home and you would hope that Ayr try  to allow both him and Dipo time to see family.

Dipo could earn the same money and be closer to home if he signed for a 5th tier club in England. He clearly wants to return down south to be with his partner. A fifth tier club won't pay what we are asking though so his only hope is a league 1 or 2 team decide to take a punt on him. Or secondary, he gets a big offer from a premier league team in Scotland. There are probably 4 that could afford him, none need him, maybe with the exception of Hibs. 

Bullen could kick about youth set-ups in the north of England on similar money but wanted to take the step up to being his own man, his kids are presumably older. 

The two aren't comparable. I hope we get good money for him in this window and he goes on to have a good career. If he stays I will be delighted but it will be in the knowledge that he'll be off for nothing in 10 months time. 

For tomorrow nights Q&A, i'd imagine Mathie will either make a seperate speech on the Dipo situation before they start or after the first question they'll say that they'll not take anymore questions on it. 

Cause let's be honest otherwise it would just turn into the Dipo Q&A

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

The dipo situation is really out of the clubs hands until a realistic bid is made, would much rather  tomorrow night is about other things like engagement with fans etc 

9 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

For tomorrow nights Q&A, i'd imagine Mathie will either make a seperate speech on the Dipo situation before they start or after the first question they'll say that they'll not take anymore questions on it. 

It would be fun to try and predict some of the questions. I'm going with:

"How does it feel to know you're creating a lasting legacy not just for the club but for the town?"

"Are there any plans to commemorate last season's historic second place finish?"

"I'd like to nominate the chairman and manager for the club Hall of Fame, what's the process for that?"

Edited by Iain

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dipo could earn the same money and be closer to home if he signed for a 5th tier club in England. He clearly wants to return down south to be with his partner. A fifth tier club won't pay what we are asking though so his only hope is a league 1 or 2 team decide to take a punt on him. Or secondary, he gets a big offer from a premier league team in Scotland. There are probably 4 that could afford him, none need him, maybe with the exception of Hibs. 

Bullen could kick about youth set-ups in the north of England on similar money but wanted to take the step up to being his own man, his kids are presumably older. 

The two aren't comparable. I hope we get good money for him in this window and he goes on to have a good career. If he stays I will be delighted but it will be in the knowledge that he'll be off for nothing in 10 months time. 

It's probably important for the club to get a good deal done this window for a number of reasons. They need to prove that bringing players north from unknown leagues is worth the risk. Many don't seem to settle or don't male the grade and Dipo can justify the route they have chosen. 
It was also mentioned that we need to be developing players and selling them on for a fee to progress. If 60K is the market rate for player of the season then not sure how it can ever be made viable. 

Hopefully it all comes good and a fee lands so that everyone is happy. If not they may need to look at where future signings are coming from  

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

It would be fun to try and predict some of the questions. I'm going with:

"How does it feel to know you're creating a lasting legacy not just for the club but for the town?"

"Are there any plans to commemorate last season's historic second place finish?"

"I'd like to nominate the chairman and manager for the club Hall of Fame, what's the process for that?"

handsome-senior-bearded-tourist-man-holding-hat-his-chest-white_251136-15042.jpg.640cb6e51676a4a2139a7b1bca628379.jpg

After such a historic Scottish cup run and valiant effort in the promotion playoffs what plans are there to put a statue of Mr Mathie and Mr Smith at the ground. Thank you for everything you do. 

8 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

“What is your response to the ungrateful swines who have the audacity to complain they’ve had no word about the season tickets they’ve already paid for?”

We have some questions from concerned people about the season tickets you are selling
BBC One - The One Show - Watchdog on The One Show

My prediction for tomorrow night...

"Sir, I salute your courage, your strength your indefatigability. And I want you to know that we are with you until victory, until victory, until the Premiership"

A random Ayr fan (possibly Itzdrk) to Dave Smith.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

My prediction for tomorrow night...

"Sir, I salute your courage, your strength your indefatigability. And I want you to know that we are with you until victory, until victory, until the Premiership"

A random Ayr fan (possibly Itzdrk) to Dave Smith.

I don't buy a season ticket so I'm not a real fan.  Maye it'll be Bill McWilliams while shedding a tear.  

If I was making predictions for a very likely stinker question it would be someone asking why Bullen hasn't had a new contract over the summer.  

Bill, rising from his tricked out shopmobility scooter: "I love this *sobs* club...This scarf *audibly composing himself*...I think I speak for all the fans when I ask this. Will ye come to the harvest? There's a standing invitation there."

Edited by Coollestersmoothe