The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

53 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m assuming tomorrow night won’t be recorded...

Well the vision night last year was supposed to be recorded until Calum realised at the first break nobody had pressed record.

Probably get a 45 minute video this time that's blurry and got static but you won't need to stare at the death of Ally MacLeod on the wall so you'll be told to be grateful.

Just now, GaryMc93 said:

Well the vision night last year was supposed to be recorded until Calum realised at the first break nobody had pressed record.

Probably get a 45 minute video this time that's blurry and got static but you won't need to stare at the death of Ally MacLeod on the wall so you'll be told to be grateful.

That sounds like the name of a batshit crazy abstract painting.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

😂 good to know last years was meant to be recorded! I look forward to watching the grainy footage, while holding my phone to my ear to make it out. 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Daire O'Connor has made history by becoming the first Irish former Ayr United player called Daire to play in a major European competition. 

also scored a goal and an assist in that game as well

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It's disappointing that it didn't quite work out for him at Ayr. There is a player in there somewhere. 

Well he's had 4 assists since joining glentoran. Never got a run of games with us for him too make it click .we will play Ashford and mckenzie in his place though. Both never professional football players.

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

It's probably important for the club to get a good deal done this window for a number of reasons. They need to prove that bringing players north from unknown leagues is worth the risk. Many don't seem to settle or don't male the grade and Dipo can justify the route they have chosen. 
It was also mentioned that we need to be developing players and selling them on for a fee to progress. If 60K is the market rate for player of the season then not sure how it can ever be made viable. 

Great post . 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m assuming tomorrow night won’t be recorded…

It would be good if it was given it’s for season ticket holders only. At the very least, a transcript should be provided. 

Last years was but there was some "technical issues" which meant only highlights would be published....

Still waiting to see them a year later...

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Last years was but there was some "technical issues" which meant only highlights would be published....

Still waiting to see them a year later...

Hopefully better luck this year!

I’m guessing there is no option to submit questions for those not able to attend. 

Personally I would like to know what weaknesses were identified to strengthen this summer, what the recruitment plan was,  how has that plan materialised so far and if they are happy with their work to this point and what further work needs done/positions targeted. 

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Mate Scottish leagues are in no way comparable to the English leagues. Gillingham’s average attendance last season was almost 5,000. Let’s just get real here.

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Hardly comparable when England's pyramid system is in a country with 56 million people whereas Scotland's is in a country of 5.5 million

IMG_5273.thumb.jpeg.a2ab0eed8076a5d417d37d4e7603da97.jpeg

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m guessing there is no option to submit questions for those not able to attend

It would make sense for them to do it, have a statement from Mathie, Bullen & Smith, take pre-submitted, vetted questions and then open the floor to any questions.

From a club point of view. You hope to have answered all questions and created an atmosphere where one of the questions asked doesn’t exclude swear words

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It would make sense for them to do it, have a statement from Mathie, Bullen & Smith, take pre-submitted, vetted questions and then open the floor to any questions.

From a club point of view. You hope to have answered all questions and created an atmosphere where one of the questions asked doesn’t exclude swear words

Yeah, it makes complete sense as it allows them to prepare slightly but also involves non season ticket holders that can’t attend - particularly if they make it clear beforehand that it will be recorded. 

Random Q and A generally just turns into a cringe fest. 

The questions they took last season were a shambles. Sure folk just kept asking what was being built after the new stand to which David Smith was visibly and understandably getting a bit pissed off at. 

And then some auld boy asked if there would be a VAR screen in place and if we could ban the drum because it affects his hearing aid. I’m actually looking forward to hear what our support offer up tomorrow night. 

I'd imagine the plan next year all going well will be to have it in the new shiny hospitality/corporate/conference suite whatever it's gonna be called in the North Stand which i'd hope will host considerably more people than the Hub

A valid question for tomorrow night tbf would be if there's any plans to extend cameron's bar as it's not big enough IMO

Edited by Rb123

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The questions they took last season were a shambles. Sure folk just kept asking what was being built after the new stand to which David Smith was visibly and understandably getting a bit pissed off at. 

And then some auld boy asked if there would be a VAR screen in place and if we could ban the drum because it affects his hearing aid. I’m actually looking forward to hear what our support offer up tomorrow night. 

Nothing of substance I'm sure. Like a less well organised Question Time.

19 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, it makes complete sense as it allows them to prepare slightly but also involves non season ticket holders that can’t attend - particularly if they make it clear beforehand that it will be recorded. 

Random Q and A generally just turns into a cringe fest. 

It’s the standard format of every coffee talk, town hall and department meeting I have ever attended at work.