The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The boy we had on trial with the blonde hair was a Kiwi but this one is a different guy If he's been training for a decent period of time seems a bit strange he hasn't played in any of the friendlies. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I don't know what age you are but can only assume from your posts that you're under 30 given that WE in Scotland have already been down this road of "Billionaire and Multi Millionaire owners" and look where it left many of the clubs and the league ??

The point I'm making is that it's simply about money and clubs spending WAY beyond their means. Any club can sign any player if they have the financial backing, just look at Man City, it wasn't so long ago they were languishing in the 3rd tier of English Football or Bournemouth and Brighton who were both playing in the 4th tier in front of a couple of thousand fans. Now the top clubs in Germany, France and even Spain can't compete with them in the transfer market !!

I could give you Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts, Gretna, Sevco etc, etc who were all doing what your clubs in England are doing just now and it's simply unsustainable, all it takes is a Global recession / market crash (which is coming), boredom, ill health etc and your club is gone, erased from History and nobody will give a toss apart from a few shedding crocodile tears in the media for the first week or two.

Be careful what you wish for......

I have been waiting for the english league to go bust since the days of Cantona. If anything it gets stronger with even more big money entering the game. It reminds me of the arguement around scottish clubs going bust after building stadiums they can't afford. However many years later we are now getting a stand and few of the reckless spenders have gone bust. It's probably better to just enjoy the party when it happens and the mess will get cleared up somehow    

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

With Dipo away Bullen will play him up front to give him his "chance", see what he's like. Pray he doesn't score a couple in the cup on the off chance Bullen thinks he could play there for the season.

Also known as "Ally Roy Syndrome".

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s about two hours away by train. Big difference. 

Yip he can easily get back home during the week if he wants to and travel back. Would imagine York will play some games nearer his home also. Much harder and more planning getting back from the west of Scotland 

I wish Dipo well and I hope we get decent money for him.

Thistle had the heart ripped out of them by losing 4 players for nothing

We are having the heart ripped out of us by losing one, which is telling in its self.

At least we will get money, we didn’t when we lost Shankland and Moffat. 

It was almost inevitable we were going to lose him. Just wish this could've been concluded sooner. Would've given us a bit longer to find an out and out replacement for him, or to find 2-3 options around the park that would've given us a bit more range to our play. 

Sad to see him go though. He was tremendous for us.