The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The Tuesday game is 5 minutes from my house so I've no excuses not to go.

Fair play to ya. If I still lived in Ayr I'd maybe make an effort to get over to Cumnock, but nah 😂.

That was poor today, we need 4 or 5 starters tbh. Hopefully we have them by the start of the league campaign.

Edited by AuAl

Club have had since January, at least, to devise a transfer policy and identify players for this season. They knew Dipo would be away and where the weak links were, I know they know this because we knew it, and if we can see it so can they. So unsure why we didn't get things done early, sure targets can turn us down, but surely you have backups to the backups in case of that. And throwing in offers for Graham and McKay just reeks of desperation.

8 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Fair play to ya. If I still lived in Ayr I'd maybe make an effort to get over to Cumnock, but nah 😂.

That was poor today, we need 4 or 5 starters tbh. Hopefully we have them by the start of the league campaign.

Where you living now?

I never really take this cup too seriously as the results are all over the place. Stirling goalie saved the day for us particularly after the double sub that let them back in the game. One of the more worrying parts was that we didn't look like creating or scoring goals despite having Murphy and Amartey on first half. Not sure how Amartey stands up in the championship when his tricks and touches didn't' really bother Stirling too much.

At times a neutral would have struggled to call who was in the higher division. Our fringe players should still be able to take the game to them but didn't see too many individual battles won. Early days but a lot of work still needing done on top of another four players 

Early days, a lot of ‘bigger’ teams struggled today, all away. I’d imagine todays starting line up and the first league game will be very different. Hoping for 4/5 new signings and if we win our home games* we should qualify. Also Saints fans don’t seem too impressed by anything they’ve seen so far.

*homeish.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s more the players that aren’t in that team that’s the issue. There’s a likelihood that four new signings will slot straight into that side. 

Not if we're signing Oliver Tarquin Nimrod pendlebury types from lemington spa or wherever these guys come from 

3 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Not if we're signing Oliver Tarquin Nimrod pendlebury types from lemington spa or wherever these guys come from 

Tarquin Oliver Nimrod? Give the little bugger a chance, Soph.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

The Tuesday game is 5 minutes from my house so I've no excuses not to go.

The novelty of a game 5 minutes away from the front door might wear off if we are 2 nil down after 20 minutes, nice of cumnock juniors to leave the black and white bunting from the scottish cup up for us.

Up to four new players according to Bullen with an “experienced older head” top of his wishlist. Think the hardest part will be actually identifying that type of player that is available. 

18 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

The novelty of a game 5 minutes away from the front door might wear off if we are 2 nil down after 20 minutes, nice of cumnock juniors to leave the black and white bunting from the scottish cup up for us.

Yeah it looked lovely with all the NI flags and red hand of ulster flags plastered all over the street and their social club 😡

I didn't see any of today's game but a day after we've just lost our best player in years what exactly were people expecting from today?

The idea that we've got Dipo replacements ready to arrive as soon as his exit was confirmed is comedy gold, even for this thread. Up until yesterday morning very few even knew he was heading to York. Let that sink in for a minute.

As usual people on here can't help but proclaim how bad things are or are going to be after 25 minutes of our 1st meaningful game. As laughable as it is predictable. It must really spoil folks Saturday night that we didn't actually get beat.

Was it ever going to be anything but a struggle with a makeshift squad and still being 3 or 4 senior players short in numbers?

The Q&A last night let the knicker wetters know that the club are aware of where we need strengthening. Again that doesn't seem good enough, what exactly are people expecting?

And if anybody doesn't think there's a direct correlation between home attendances / number of season tickets and the amount you actually can pay for players then they'll need to explain that one to me.

This isn't an "I'm better than you happy clapper post" but come on guys and girls get a grip of some harsh realities before there's few left to post on here. It's getting that bad.

Edited by BukyOHare