The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Quite comfortable game although the second half was pretty dire. We missed a couple chances to kill it and Murphy put two on a plate but no one was there to finish it. Get a decent striker in and he’ll have a few assists. 

We’re still clearly four players off a finished squad. Based on tonight it would be a right back, midfielder, winger and a striker. Reading was absolutely fine albeit against a League 2 side but he’s doing nothing wrong at the moment. Still hope Ecrepont gets a fair crack in the next two games. 

Some positives, but we all know where the strengthening needs to happen. 

It was good to see what Amartey can offer, he is electric and his pace will terrify defenders. Raw at times, but it’ll be interesting how he develops. 

Well played Paddy Reading also, two fantastic bits of defending towards the end on top of a generally decent game. 

I really liked Stanger too. 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Sorry for being late to the party but how much did we get for Dipo - or does no-one have a clue?

If Amartey seems to be more of a winger, presumably we're still hunting for a striker??

We got more than was bid in January and that figure was apparently £250,000 so it’ll be in that region. 

And yeah we’re still after a striker. Ideally experienced but most likely another player to try and develop. 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Sorry for being late to the party but how much did we get for Dipo - or does no-one have a clue?

If Amartey seems to be more of a winger, presumably we're still hunting for a striker??

It was in the region of about £250k but the exact figure is undisclosed. At the Q and A they said most of it was going straight into the transfer budget.

Easy 3 points Stenny certainly didn't look like a team that put away a Premiership outfit at the weekend we didn't need to get out of 2nd gear, thoughts on the new guys, Mutch didn't have a lot to do but really impressed with his communication and organisation of the back 4, Stanger looked a decent addition not afraid to get forward and look for a pass, Murphy will cause a lot of problems we just need a poacher to slot away a few of those cutbacks, Franny is intriguing could be a really good addition pace reminds me of Micky Reynolds, Pendlebury was not on long enough to make and impression.

Wasn't the greatest of games but a win is a win. We could have probably had a couple more goals but in the end it was a comfortable enough performance.

Reading had a good game, and Mutch was very vocal throughout. 

We REALLY need another striker though. Our current forwards aren't going to cut it in the league. 

I was listening on thr bbc radio thinking they’d give updates the only time the mentioned us was half time in the Dundee utd partick game can already tell that’s the love in started for those two already. 

they didn’t even have someone there giving even a ht breakdown absolutely nothing. They had a presenter at Palmerston and the rangers game that’s not even a competitive fixture so who even cares?

anyway sounds like we did ok tonight. Gonna need a few in but we knew that anyway

Edited by ryanayr1987

People must have been watching a different Amartey than me. The boy’s an athlete but looks like he’s never seen a football in his life. Any composure whatsoever and he’d have had a hat trick tonight.

And Bangala is just not a footballer. I actually felt sorry for him watching that.

Bangala hasn’t improved any from last season. I wasn’t expecting much but I was hoping he’d at least know what position he’s supposed to be playing. Think the ball bounced off him a few times but apart from that he wasn’t in the game. 

16 minutes ago, munro7 said:

People must have been watching a different Amartey than me. The boy’s an athlete but looks like he’s never seen a football in his life. Any composure whatsoever and he’d have had a hat trick tonight.

And Bangala is just not a footballer. I actually felt sorry for him watching that.

Unless I’ve missed someone, then only two of us commented on Amartey - I said he was raw at times and someone else compared him to Mickey Reynolds. 

It wouldn’t be fair to say he looked like he had never seen a football though, a good assist and a couple of nice touches that set him off on his runs. His chance towards the end he did well to get it under any kind of control. He obviously did look raw at times, but some potential there. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bangala hasn’t improved any from last season. I wasn’t expecting much but I was hoping he’d at least know what position he’s supposed to be playing. Think the ball bounced off him a few times but apart from that he wasn’t in the game. 

Quelle fucking surprise. An absolute lost cause, no idea why he's still around.

12 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Robbie Crawford being the experienced goalscoring centre midfielder who's great at driving forward with the ball that we miss is really annoying TBH.   

He's been a revelation for us since signing and has started this league Cup campaign very well. Easily one of our most important players.