The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Michael Hewitt has just joined us from you how is he?

Has it been announced? Loan or permanent? 

Had high hopes for him before he got a really bad injury. No one is really sure if he’s a right back or a midfielder. Hope he does well. 

9 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Michael Hewitt has just joined us from you how is he?

He has been played at RB most recently and was largely awful. Tbh, he didn't particularly shine in the middle of the park either. 

He's youngish (22) and was highly rated but has been very unlucky with injuries. He needs proper game time to really develop as a footballer. We can't give him that. Hope it goes well for him. Would be great to see it work out.

Edited by AuAl

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Has it been announced? Loan or permanent? 

Had high hopes for him before he got a really bad injury. No one is really sure if he’s a right back or a midfielder. Hope he does well. 

Yeah it is permanent 

Ah well it’s unfortunate it never worked out as it looked like he might’ve had a breakthrough season the year he got injured but I’m not sure he’s actually good enough for this level. Needs a change of scenery to fulfil his potential. 

Just now, AuAl said:

He has been played at RB most recently and was largely awful. Tbh, he didn't particularly shine in the middle of the park either. 

He's young and was highly rated but has been very unlucky with injuries. He needs proper game time to really develop as a footballer. We can't give him that. Hope it goes well for him. Would be great to see it work out.

I think he is signed as a midfielder as Rankin said that is a area he wanted might just be a depth option though as we only had 4 midfielders now 5. We already have Tumilty and have Kyle Macdonald who also plays midfield and right back so I don't think he will play at right back. 

Just now, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah it is permanent 

He's got a decent touch but was exposed really badly when played at RB, I think he could be tidy enough in a RM role though.

4 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I think he is signed as a midfielder as Rankin said that is a area he wanted might just be a depth option though as we only had 4 midfielders now 5. We already have Tumilty and have Kyle Macdonald who also plays midfield and right back so I don't think he will play at right back. 

He was always touted as a CM initially so it would make sense. He definitely has some of the traits, he just needs to play regularly to see if it can all be tied together. He played there in a couple of big games we had last year, notably an away game at Queen's Park when we were still in the title hunt, and I felt he was really exposed against good championship players. Hopefully the change of scene can bring him on and he can make a good go of it at Hamilton.

Edited by AuAl

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

He was always touted as a CM initially so it would make sense. He definitely has some of the traits, he just needs to play regularly to see if it can all be tied together. He played there in a couple of big games we had last year, notably an away game at Queen's Park when we were still in the title hunt, and I felt he was really exposed against good championship players. Hopefully the change of scene can bring him on.

Yeah that seems fair enough 

I wish we could get some clarity on David Bangala. I think we’ve all just presumed he’s away but there’s been zero mention of him going or looking likely to go. Bullen hinted that the ones most likely to leave were Hewitt and Ecrepont as they were in positions we needed to weaken. 

As it stands Bangala is now our fourth choice right back and fifth choice midfielder. Just pay the guy off and call it a day. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wish we could get some clarity on David Bangala. I think we’ve all just presumed he’s away but there’s been zero mention of him going or looking likely to go. Bullen hinted that the ones most likely to leave were Hewitt and Ecrepont as they were in positions we needed to weaken. 

As it stands Bangala is now our fourth choice right back and fifth choice midfielder. Just pay the guy off and call it a day. 

I still think he should be stadium announcer.