The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Given Murphy’s injury, and the potential financial reward of beating Livingston it would be very helpful for any recruitment to happen before Saturday. At the moment we are going to be lining up with at least two of McAllister, McKenzie, Bryden and Ashford. 

If we play the same side as Saturday we will be getting hammered; hopefully we play a three in midfield as otherwise the likes of Kelly, Nouble and Bradley will run us ragged. 

If we have Bryden and McKenzie up front I’m not sure I would be able to watch what unfolds. 

🤣

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Not sure Mathie ever said Paton had agreed to sign - was more along the lines they had made an offer that they thought he was going to accept but lost out at the last minute.

I think he said that we had agreed a compensation figure with QOS but Paton held off signing for us as he thought a bigger move was coming along which it never did. Queens Park then presented a better offer and he went there. 

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Given Murphy’s injury, and the potential financial reward of beating Livingston it would be very helpful for any recruitment to happen before Saturday. At the moment we are going to be lining up with at least two of McAllister, McKenzie, Bryden and Ashford. 

If we play the same side as Saturday we will be getting hammered; hopefully we play a three in midfield as otherwise the likes of Kelly, Nouble and Bradley will run us ragged. 

If we have Bryden and McKenzie up front I’m not sure I would be able to watch what unfolds. 

I was thinking of going to Almondvale or whatever the hell their stadium is called these days. Kelly, Nouble and Bradley gives me the absolute fear. That was before you pointed out our shortcomings. 

A positive thought - they are in horrendous form.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I was thinking of going to Almondvale or whatever the hell their stadium is called these days. Kelly, Nouble and Bradley gives me the absolute fear. That was before you pointed out our shortcomings. 

I’m actually thinking about it too! 

Even if we play Rose we have very little creativity or goal threat in that midfield. Amartey and that is it really! 

And that’s before you think about the likes of Nouble, Bradley and Kelly running at our defence. I don’t particularly want Paddy’s slowly returning confidence to be battered by Nouble either - he’s the one player I wouldn’t really blame Paddy getting a run around from as well. 

They did draw with Aberdeen and were only one down to Rangers for most of the game, but yeah they certainly aren’t scoring freely 😬

I don’t like my return to negativity over the last week or so, but our starting side is still stinking - particularly when Murphy is removed.

Edited by No_Problemo

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Also for the lower Premiership clubs progression in the LC isn’t a huge priority, they rather have three points the following Saturday in order to help maintain their League status . Having said that if you turn up handing gifts out they’ll definitely take them . 

21 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Also for the lower Premiership clubs progression in the LC isn’t a huge priority, they rather have three points the following Saturday in order to help maintain their League status . Having said that if you turn up handing gifts out they’ll definitely take them . 

I don't think theres any top flight club left in the competition who will be worried about relegation.

Under-estimate Livingston at your peril.

48 minutes ago, railwayend said:

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think theres any top flight club left in the competition who will be worried about relegation.

Under-estimate Livingston at your peril.

Yeah - it’s pretty wild to suggest that a side won’t care about getting into the quarter final of a national cup competition. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I was having a conversation with my brother on saturday and suggested Frankie as a CDM. I think he could play that role fairly well.

Classic Hopkin

23 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I was having a conversation with my brother on saturday and suggested Frankie as a CDM. I think he could play that role fairly well.

Not for me - decent on the ball with the game in front of him but completely different game having to take the ball in and turn. Also doesn’t have the legs the likes of Dempsey and Smith do to cover side to side. 

I’m sure he would be okay ish with a direct style as a blocker type but we need to look for better IMO. Just drop McGinty and play him. 

Also - if I hear at the weekend that Rose isn’t fit to play after f**k knows how much weeks with us, half an hour at the weekend and a reserve game under his belt I might lose the plot. 

Edited by No_Problemo

41 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, I suppose... how many defenders can you slot into the team. Remember when we were playing Aero in midfield. 🙈

I think 7 was the most I remember starting a game.  

Houston Baird Fjørtoft Reading

Hewitt Murdoch Muirhead Maxwell 

McKenzie Adeloye  

think we would have easily got to 8 if it wasn't for a red card.  

Spoiler

Baird was sent off - 6

McGinty replaced Adeloye - 7

Salkeld replaced Maxwell - 6

Afolabi replaced McKenzie - 6

McCalister replace Murdoch - 7

23 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

the two people Bullen will never drop is McGinty and McKenize Rose should just rename himself to McRose to get in full time

McGinty does not deserve to be dropped with his performances so far this season , and he was dropped a number of games last season for Kirk and Musonda 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

McGinty does not deserve to be dropped with his performances so far this season 

Umm he was terrible a week ago. 

Generally, it also depends how you look at it - Bullen has told us he wants to play more of a possession style and McGinty can’t do it. Musonda has also shown over last season that he is the better defender, and is obviously better on the ball.