The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Syla was good. Always looking to get on the ball, take responsibility, try and make something happen. He doesn't look match fit, but I think he will be a good player for us. Young was decent too, faded out of it second half but again he looks decent.

Bullen will get us relegated. Get him to f**k. He got away with murder last season having a cheat code up front. He's not the man to take us forward. Had enough of him.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m going to go for the intrigue factor I think:

Is Ahui a footballer or another hilarious Bangala style signing for example etc etc. 

Same here. Will be interesting to actually see him play again, as he is highly rated at Lincoln apparently.

Also will get to see Senga and Syla in the flesh as I wasn't there today.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The head coach signs off on the signings and new contracts and also picks the team (and his same bad favourites).  

Not defending Mathie who is clearly not doing a great job but Bullen is absolutely first to go.  

He will sign off on players to an extent but i can't imagine he requests that young unproven players from the south of england are a chunk of the squad. That seems part of a bigger plan that will come from above. Changing the coach will have the biggest impact but this certainly ain't all on him and a good few others need a rocket also 

I get the impression that Bullens management style is very much like a delusional American evangelical preacher. Where if we just believe hard enough and all pull together we will be triumphant. Rather than actually trying to influence things.

Now he is in the first genuine threat to his future, it will be interesting to see me how he handles it. It’ll either make him or he’ll be in the scud throwing his own shit at cars on Whittlets road

So if Bullen is punted we're then relying on Mathie bringing someone in and getting that recruitment right. Even though a good chunk the reason said person was punted was because of his recruitment in the first place. Or are we going back to Smith picking the manager, because that worked the first time. 

Solid options all round. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm on the fence about going on Tuesday. Home games have by and large been mince for about a year now. Saying that Tue may be the chance for the "fringe" players to shine and progress through to the next round of the diddy cup and all is well again...until Partick 

He can't be picking fringe players Tuesday. That's just painting his own target on his back. Will be difficult enough with his strongest team. 

I'd bin Mathie and Bullen tbh. Mathie swanning around the hub is another example of the self importance shite we could be doing without. Thought the nadir was giving Smith big licks on his "anniversary", but the Bullen signing after a rout defeat certainly topped it. I prefer those in charge to be seen and not heard. 

Tuesday will be a good laugh at worst if SRE starts signing "Bullen GTF" to which Lee will inevitably probably mouth towards them "f**k off" 

Also if Bullen gets punted it'll be another young coach brought up from down south i'd imagine, just like our player recruitment, although hopefully not just 19....

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

He can't be picking fringe players Tuesday. That's just painting his own target on his back. Will be difficult enough with his strongest team. 

I'd play them tbh, they may prove to be more exciting to watch and more competent than the current lot. By fringe guys I mean the guy that had a howler v Morton, Senga, Tomlinson. I'd also like Young and Roy to play from the start again 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd bin Mathie and Bullen tbh. Mathie swanning around the hub is another example of the self importance shite we could be doing without. Thought the nadir was giving Smith big licks on his "anniversary", but the Bullen signing after a rout defeat certainly topped it. I prefer those in charge to be seen and not heard. 

In the famous picture of Bullen in the hub Mathie is in the bottom right corner looking far from impressed so i don't think he was too enamored with it. 

Mathie is in a bit of a difficult position as he's ultimately the sandwich between this apparent strain between coaching and recruitment department so i do feel a bit for him and i do have the confidence that he'll make the correct decision on Bullen whenever that'll be.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

He should, take the pressure off the shite he’s played as first choice

Nah, he really needs a win. Will earn him a bit of breathing space then he'll have a decent chunk of time to work with them before league starts up again