The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can only presume we were knocked back by about four or five other targets for right back and settled on him in the hope that he could be coached to be better defensively. 

That scenario is far better than him being our first choice target. 

If he was so far down the list we’d have been better just giving Watret another chance. Bullen banged on all summer about needing quality not quantity so I hope we didn’t just sign him for the sake of it.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Don't expect him to be calling out individuals, that will never happen. 

Never going to happen, there are boundaries, but I'm looking for them to go outwith the usual press conference parade

57 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I fear Mathie will be like this at the Q&A:

While it would certainly feed into the "falkirk tribute act" meme, you have to imagine that this is a genuine attempt to put things back on track. It is indeed bold to do it so early in the season but the other options are a) sack the manager or b) ignore it.

With it being questions-in-advance, it should be quickly obvious how it's going to go. If question one is about Bullen then they're giving it an honest go. If it's along the lines of "why are you so good" or a question about the north stand then it's just immediately going to worsen things.

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah that's my fear. The controversial topics will be avoided.

I started my question as a happy clapper and tried a comical one as well. 🤞

"This is a statement not a question..."

"Graeme, you are clearly a titan of the football industry and we're lucky to have you... yours sincerely, your biggest fan WATTOO"

It will be much like his other media appearances. Plenty of corporate words whilst failing to address the main points with much substance. Can only hope that enough people have raised coherent points which push him closer to realising their is a problem needing dealt with.

Hopefully behind the scenes a different message will be getting given and perhaps the comments of the fans will be used as a factor should anything happen to Bullen further down the line 

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I fear Mathie will be like this at the Q&A:

7ydtq6.jpg.dd896edd716420388b5dd1890ed3fb17.jpg

I'm expecting more along the lines of "in a way we've made a rod for our own back by showing ambition and overachieving last season"

Just now, Iain said:

I'm expecting more along the lines of "in a way we've made a rod for our own back by showing ambition and overachieving last season"

It is kind of a fair point given we could have ultimately finished anywhere from P2-5 on the last day. If we had drawn with Inverness I think we'd still be scunnered but, to a lesser extent as we wouldn't be wondering where all the prize money has been spent. However, we shouldn't blindly accept the run we are on. I'm all for giving people time but, a heavy defeat to Partick or picking up nothing by the end of the month will no doubt see Bullen away. 

It is a tricky position for the club, do you stand behind your man and hope he can turn it around. Or do you pull the trigger now and give someone the guts of a month to try pick up free agents and loans to steady the ship. I can understand why the club would want to look loyal to their guy, it would put off any potential replacements if we are seen to be a club that sacks on a whim. The longer we go without another striker the more detrimental it will be to Bryden's development, in that he really needs a loan somewhere (L1/L2) to get regular games. 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

It will be much like his other media appearances. Plenty of corporate words whilst failing to address the main points with much substance. Can only hope that enough people have raised coherent points which push him closer to realising their is a problem needing dealt with.

Hopefully behind the scenes a different message will be getting given and perhaps the comments of the fans will be used as a factor should anything happen to Bullen further down the line 

Depends what people are realistically expecting out of this and on the type of questions they've been asked but personally I went for off field questions. I'm not sure a prerecorded Q&A with the MD is the place to address the managers future or any on field issues. More clarity on the recruitment process will be good and acknowledgement and update of off field issues is what I'm hoping for.