The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

No, but they came in a row which showed massive improvement to the previous games. Even today, we are trying to play football. 

3 Weeks ago it looked like, one or two minor tweaks and we'll be fine and Bullen has taken a claw hammer to it. 

Our main tactic in those games was to give the ball to Chalmers and see what he could do (not dissimilar to last seasons tactic of giving it to Dipo and see what he could do).  I think teams have figured that out already and are crowding him out a bit.  Other than Dowds, we basically don’t have another goal threat to call on.  I fear those 3 games were the blip and the dross either side of them are a much truer reflection of where we are.  

46 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The last folk I'd be criticising are the fans who have travelled over 200 miles and given up the majority of their Saturday for that!

That's fair, I take your point and agree. I'm fucking raging that I travelled and paid for that shitshow from Bullen. Just thought it was quite poor. A lot of the players in this squad just aren't good enough for the level, it's not for a lack of trying. They're also coached by an awful football manager. 

Anyways, back to the real issue at hand. That was a absolute mess. Bullen is totally clueless and I worry we're on the verge of sliding out of the league this season - we will with performances like todays. Firmly back in the Bullen out camp. He has no idea how to set up in different ways until it's too late, doesn't seem to be able make subs or tactical changes that will actually impact the game and has consistently failed to address key issues and problem areas. I'm even more seething about him chucking players under the bus and not taking any responsibility last week, wonder if we'll get the same today.

It felt like we had found a rhythm a few weeks back and didn't look too far off being a decent enough side, but Bullen proved again today that he is so devoid of ideas. That was hopeless.

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We made a recovery, we plated decent football and 3 weeks ago the only problem we had was giving away soft goals. In that state, I could see us finishing in the play-offs. 

The Morton game was a shambles and he made changes too late
The Queens Park game, his changes were a farce
Inverness, Stanger goes off, he decides to sit back, we concede 3 goals in 15 minutes, second half he decides to play further up the park and we do (slightly) Better and don't give away daft chances. 

Three games in a row, Bullen has fucked us. 

Add Dunfermline game to that list,absolutely coasting first half,then decides to sit back,just pure lucky we held on

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

That's fair, I take your point and agree. I'm fucking raging that I travelled and paid for that shitshow from Bullen. Just thought it was quite poor. A lot of the players in this squad just aren't good enough for the level, it's not for a lack of trying. They're also coached by an awful football manager. 

Respect for travelling so far. 

I take in most away games but I haven't been to Inverness in a long long time. I find it's good to make a weekend of it but haven't had the time in recent years.

Just think there was nothing stopping us getting Duncan Ferguson in, somebody who would have united the fans and in particular the younger ones of ultras who are the most disconnected from the club I've ever seen them...

But no, we've got a baldy Duncan Ferguson ordered off of very who looks hard as f**k but is the complete opposite 

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Just think there was nothing stopping us getting Duncan Ferguson in, somebody who would have united the fans and in particular the younger ones of ultras who are the most disconnected from the club I've ever seen them...

But no, we've got a baldy Duncan Ferguson ordered off of very who looks hard as f**k but is the complete opposite 

He’s mates with our chairman so that probably sealed the deal for The Caley getting him.

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I don't know why whether a football manager is hard as f**k or not has anything to do with anything. There's plenty wrong but ma da could batter your da isn't it.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

I know everyone's angry at the performance but the c***s loudly cheering when a player gets substituted are fucking arseholes. f**k off

Aye the roasters were annoying arseholes the whole game long. Did I enjoy the performance on the pitch, hell no, but listening to aggressive p***ks with the maturity of 13 year old boys certainly didn’t add to the joy….

6 weeks ago I’d have said that we needed McCall in due to the state of our summer recruitment, we needed a rebuild and McCall is one of the most prepared managers at our level.

Now, I think the squad is in better shape apart from the obvious defensive issues. 

If we lose to Peterhead, Arbroath and Dundee United, things will be pretty toxic and the last thing the club needs to do is piss about interviewing a series of coaches before taking another gamble.

McCall would be the obvious choice, followed by John Robertson, even Billy Dodds would be seen as a safer pair of hands than some of the candidates from last time. 

1 minute ago, Highland Exile said:

Aye the roasters were annoying arseholes the whole game long. Did I enjoy the performance on the pitch, hell no, but listening to aggressive p***ks with the maturity of 13 year old boys certainly didn’t add to the joy….

They were a nightmare and their childish shout and disgusting abuse of the the ladies from the shop was out of order. Yes agreed the game was awful. 

Just now, motley123rock said:

They were a nightmare and their childish shout and disgusting abuse of the the ladies from the shop was out of order. Yes agreed the game was awful. 

If shop staff are getting abused then it's time to name and shame and get them the f**k away from the club.