The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 months (17 games) is an awful lot of time to stagger on. Fans can be fickle - none more so than myself - and it has been very easy to get out the way of going to the football regularly. They must have sold enough season tickets this year to gamble that serving up the same tired old shite (with a side of corporate bullshit) at home will suffice - minimal effort required.

It might work. Scrape survival, sell the new stand/head coach combo and sell more season tickets. It is plausible but it is a gamble and if it fails the owner and others responsible deserve all the opprobrium they receive.

edinburghhonestman i was there at semi final in 1973 and was in the main stand aged 8 years old and i saw it was a goal but i cannot repeat the language on here what the Ayr fans said around me i would be banned forever ........... it was a goal but the ref was a *** fan...........enough said

9 minutes ago, wuffster said:

4 months (17 games) is an awful lot of time to stagger on. Fans can be fickle - none more so than myself - and it has been very easy to get out the way of going to the football regularly. They must have sold enough season tickets this year to gamble that serving up the same tired old shite (with a side of corporate bullshit) at home will suffice - minimal effort required.

It might work. Scrape survival, sell the new stand/head coach combo and sell more season tickets. It is plausible but it is a gamble and if it fails the owner and others responsible deserve all the opprobrium they receive.

I’m not convinced it really is a gamble, more like paralysis.  They just don’t want to face up to the fact that the “plan” isn’t working. There is no alternative other than to do nothing and hope for the best.

36 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I’m not convinced it really is a gamble, more like paralysis.  They just don’t want to face up to the fact that the “plan” isn’t working.

The thing is, the club has been pretty honest that the plan right now is basically to fix up the off-pitch stuff and tread water in the league. If Ayr survive this season then that keeps things basically right on track. Last season was completely unexpected and surely at this point even Bullen's kids can figure out he had nothing to do with it,

The real panic mode will set in if the next three games aren't wins. At that point a failure to sack the manager would be an admission of defeat and an immediate pivot to figuring out how to get straight back out of League One with half a squad who would barely be comfortable at that level.

Going down in the current, rudderless shambles could set the timetable back more than a year. Falkirk have had some mad ideas in the last 5 years and have struggled to get out of league one and we very much have the same capabilities to trip over our own feet trying to get back to the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

In other kinda related Ayr Utd news, I see Vinyl is closing. Know the owner is a money man with us and the club held a few events including Player of the year there 

I've been in there once and had to drive someone to A&E.

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

In other kinda related Ayr Utd news, I see Vinyl is closing. Know the owner is a money man with us and the club held a few events including Player of the year there 

Only closing as a nightclub ! Still remains a venue for events ect 

Admittedly I've been in Ayr itself three times in the last calendar year and about ten in the last five, but I had no idea the Club De Mar had even changed names.

Mind when Coolio played there and subsequently turned up at some hip-hop awards event in LA in the centenary shirt? Changed times.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Going down in the current, rudderless shambles could set the timetable back more than a year. Falkirk have had some mad ideas in the last 5 years and have struggled to get out of league one and we very much have the same capabilities to trip over our own feet trying to get back to the Championship. 

Falkirk are the absolute masters of failing to get out of League One. At least Ayr had the excuse of having no money. To be stuck there for 5+ years with home* gates of 4000 took special effort. Of course they finally figured out that all you have to do is put John McGlynn in charge and they just immediately hand you the L1 title.

Fully expect that a relegation will be accompanied by the same sort of horrific management decisions that they've had. At least it is unlikely that Gary Holt will be installed as DOF and instantly put his own son on the playing books.

* same postcode region at least. if you stand on a tall hill you can just about make it out

Edited by Thumper

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not surprised at all, the place was empty every week as a nightclub. Everyone rightly just goes to Prestwick now.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

The folk that do the drone footage at Somerset posted pictures of the Bobby Jones

In no expert but I think that’s fucked

Sorry but what the f**k?? Did the roof blow away or something?

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Sorry but what the f**k?? Did the roof blow away or something?

A fire about 20 years ago. The majority of the town centre is like a toilet and stuff like that doesn’t help. 

They have plans in for the abandoned shopping malls now at least which will hopefully tidy some of it up and make it look a bit less post apocalyptic. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

35 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I know it caught fire but thought it was an insurance job and it would have been renovated 

Was definitely an insurance job but believe there was a substantial payout….

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A fire about 20 years ago. The majority of the town centre is like a toilet and stuff like that doesn’t help.

Just incredible that in 2001 Bobbys was host to one of *three heavy metal nights* in Ayr on a Thursday night. I basically DJed the Club De Mar Red Room one time by handing Big Wow a stack of burned industrial CDs.