The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Surely must be some idiots messaging him directly in the same ilk that Jordan Hart was receiving personal threats. Won't be that difficult for the club to address it via the relevant authorities and put out a separate statement once the investigation is concluded. 

I mean I come from a construction background in my early career, alot of the nicknames were far far worse than BGM and just accepted as daily patter with worse dished back. 

Who knows but you have to imagine this is a possibility. But it won’t get as much clout on here as frantically declaring that it was only the BGM stuff.

1 minute ago, United1973 said:

Think there will be anything today as in who is  in temporary  charge until new yes man is appointed ? 

I think that guy that was released yesterday should be in charge as he sounded amazing!!!!

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I think that guy that was released yesterday should be in charge as he sounded amazing!!!!

That was bizarre. 

Our form has been a disgrace. Our home form has been dreadful. Bullen presided over more absolute shitshows of matches than any other Ayr United manager I can think of - Falkirk x2, Partick x3, Kilmarnock at home, Arbroath away towards the end of last season... plus any others that you can think of.

Him being a "great ambassador" and a nice guy does not excuse the fact that he was not good enough at his actual job - which is to win football matches. 

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

When did our wee club turn into a personality cult?  Some of the poor decision making over the last year or so is really starting to make sense now.

IMG_0447.jpeg

I'm sure that magnificent draw with Raith Rovers will live long in the memory... 🫥

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

When did our wee club turn into a personality cult?  Some of the poor decision making over the last year or so is really starting to make sense now.

IMG_0447.jpeg

f**k me this is embarrassing now! He’s a bang average (probably less) football manager 

Failing to beat Falkirk being celebrated 🤦🏻‍♂️.

I'm fine with him being congratulated on what he done well, a lot of which was being the scenes.

Give it a rest with trying to make out his performance as a football manager was anything other than grim. It detracts from the message they're trying to thank him for by being utter nonsense.

It's embarrassingly amateur level - "aye the manager is clueless but he's a lovely guy and he does a lot of work fixing up the dressing rooms and gives up his Wednesday nights for training and always gets a round in in the pub after matches so he's got the job for life, cos who else would want it anyway"

They MUST have some sort of barrier between on and off the park with this next appointment.   We can't accept brutal performances on the park cos the manager is great off it.   By the same token, we surely wouldn't want to be in a position where we were playing well and challenging but the manager was under pressure cos he was shite at mingling with folk after the game / going to community events 

Edited by Hursty

Just now, Iain said:

I'm sure that magnificent draw with Raith Rovers will live long in the memory... 🫥

It’s quite bonkers.  A Scottish cup run that was so close?  We got bumped out in the quarter final to a league 1 side on national TV.  After squeaking past lower league opposition to get to that game.  Maybe Duncan Carmichael could write a book about that glorious cup run.

I was feeling a bit sad about the way things have turned out, now I’m just getting angry that such an infantile and unprofessional culture has taken root at the club.  Probably explains why Somerset Boab was allowed back in the door.  

Are we a professional football team or an after school club?

I wasn’t really sold on Ian McCall coming back, but I think we need to smash up this nonsense and I think he would do that.  The last thing we need is another “club ambassador” or yes man who has no clue how to set up a football team.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Are we a professional football team or an after school club?

That’s what I’m thinking. Of course the club has a duty to the community and they do plenty of outstanding work but that should never be more than a side project.

They are a for-profit business whose main source of profit is winning football games. If the manager can’t win football games then it doesn’t matter if they’re fucking Gandhi, they’re not doing their job. By all means praise his work behind the scenes but don’t conflate that with him being successful at his job. He can be good at one and not the other.

13 minutes ago, Nelson said:

IMG_0447.jpeg

That bit about the draw up at Raith is absolutely mental.

Chucking a win against 10 men is now a cause for celebration?