The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club can announce that Davie Whyte will be in the dugout for Saturdays Scottish cup clash with Kelty. Davie, who has been interim manager on three occasions has agreed to step up again while the recruitment process is ongoing. Davies last stint saw him lead the team to a…..etc

Rather than, Dave White is in charge. c***s. 

Has Davie Whyte ever lost as Ayr Manager?

It’s far more likely that the club are frustrated with how it’s ended with Bullen and are working hard to get his replacement sorted and that’s why we aren’t hearing much.

However it’s funnier to think that they’re in a huff with the fans for giving Bullen nicknames like BGM and as such they’re just no speaking to us unless it’s to convey the absolute basics. 

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Did we choose to let Young go back or did Wycombe want him back?

Neither.  

He asked to go back basically, so the clubs didn't agree an extension.  Obviously didn't enjoy it. 

Edited by itzdrk

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Senga and him were only here for 6 months, Ahui and the Scottish loans were full season. 

I know. But unless Wycombe plan on playing him (unlikely I’d think) presumably there’d be an option to extend till the end of the season.

It’s a sign of how bad things have got when Clamers staying the full season doesn’t get a mention. 6 weeks ago, the news would have prompted a wanking frenzy on here. 

Hopefully we get a new manager with McCalls gift of selling sand to someone who already has an abundance of sand….and convincing him that his future is at Ayr beyond April. 

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

I know. But unless Wycombe plan on playing him (unlikely I’d think) presumably there’d be an option to extend till the end of the season.

He might not have wanted to, had no intention of staying the full season. There was no chat of wanting to keep them and Mathie said on his state of a nation address that they would both be away. 

Young leaving is a blow although with him and hopefully Senga going it would let the new manager get his own players in and allow us to dominate games more, as while Young was ok up against a physical midfield him and all our other midfielders just get bullied. Hopefully we'll see a proper DM come in soon after the new manager 🤞

27 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Neither.  

He asked to go back basically, so the clubs didn't agree an extension.  Obviously didn't enjoy it. 

I spoke to him in the hub after the Inverness game and seemed like a decent guy. He did say he was enjoying his football here and liked living in Ayr etc. Although I guess he’s not going to say to a supporter after they’ve just been pumped that he hates it and can’t wait to get back down the road. 

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

What's this about requesting permission to speak to Bartley? Would sadly be on brand.

I think they are just at it.  No info about it anywhere.  

12 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Young leaving is a blow although with him and hopefully Senga going it would let the new manager get his own players in and allow us to dominate games more, as while Young was ok up against a physical midfield him and all our other midfielders just get bullied. Hopefully we'll see a proper DM come in soon after the new manager 🤞

Might keep white till end of transfer window appoint new manager then sign no one lol