The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If that rumour is true about smith not wanting someone to bring in an assistant then it's an atrocious decision. I personally want a clear out of the backroom staff as they've seen out a good few managers now. Imo it's important for a manager to have guys he knows and trusts working along with him

2 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

If that rumour is true about smith not wanting someone to bring in an assistant then it's an atrocious decision. I personally want a clear out of the backroom staff as they've seen out a good few managers now. Imo it's important for a manager to have guys he knows and trusts working along with him

They’ve seen out precisely one manager and you can’t exactly blame any of them for what’s happening this season. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’ve seen out precisely one manager and you can’t exactly blame any of them for what’s happening this season. 

I was under the impression Tait and White had been in there current roles for a while? Perhaps I'm wrong. I'm not blaming them for what's gone wrong this season, recruitment and Bullen's tactics are the culprit there. But telling potential managers they can't bring in their own guys and must work with guys from the previous management team is not the right way to about hiring a new manager 

Just now, Rodders1910 said:

I was under the impression Tait and White had been in there current roles for a while? Perhaps I'm wrong. I'm not blaming them for what's gone wrong this season, recruitment and Bullen's tactics are the culprit there. But telling potential managers they can't bring in their own guys and must work with guys from the previous management team is not the right way to about hiring a new manager 

White has been in and out the first team since Roberts was here although iirc he only directly worked with Roberts, Kerr and Bullen. 

Tait was a youth coach until White brought him in to help after Duffy was sacked and he’s just stuck around since. 

In any case, it does not make one iota of sense that Smith would tell a new manager he couldn’t bring in an assistant manager. Hopkin brought in three coaches and Bullen spoke openly about trying to get someone but wasn’t all that bothered. It would also allow the likes of White and Tait to return to their comfort zones. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Working within the current set up and vision doesn't seem that far fetched tbh. Narrows things down a fair bit though and what you'll end up with is basically just another Bullen 

Which makes sense because they likely don't think there's anything all that wrong with how things are going

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In any case, it does not make one iota of sense that Smith would tell a new manager he couldn’t bring in an assistant manager.

I suspect it would be more of a case that the wages on offer wouldn't be enough to convince both him and his assistant to relocate up here rather than us refusing to pay for an assistant 

57 minutes ago, The Smell of VICTORY said:

Peter Grant is available, He's no bald but ginger and had Jim Duffy as his assistant at Norwich City! What could possibly go wrong?

I can't see a mention of Peter Grant on the Ayr thread without his iconic photo.

20124778-e1624291938568.jpg

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

You'll get a Boaby Beer with your Boaby Pie and your Boaby Ice Cream while listening to your Boaby hits CD and you'll Boaby well like it.

I remember there was Boab chocolate as well. The enticement was some bars contained match ticket vouchers. Willy Wonka style but I never heard of anyone ever winning 😂 

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I remember there was Boab chocolate as well. The enticement was some bars contained match ticket vouchers. Willy Wonka style but I never heard of anyone ever winning 😂 

Suffering f**k. Imagine winning a ticket to watch us at home just now. Not much of an iducement. 🙈

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Has the ITK guy from the SRE Facebook said anything? After he broke the Bullen news, I'd be looking to him to deliver again.

Aye we should start announcing everything through Desmond.