The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Oh really ? How many other 30 goals a season strikers did he sign ? Zero . LS not being in that team would have us back in the pack , exactly the same as Dipo . 

Didn’t Craig Moore score about 25 goals the year we won the league?

But obviously LS was a fluke signing.  Along with Ross Docherty, Liam Smith, Daniel Harvie, Michael Rose, Michael Moffat, Andy Murdoch, Mark Kerr, Steven Bell, Jamie Adams, Andy Geggan…

10 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

I do think Ayr’s location is a deciding factor for a lot of players whether or not to sign for us.

Forty minutes down the motorway from Glasgow, versus fucking Kirkcaldy. I wish this myth would die.

21 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Oh really ? How many other 30 goals a season strikers did he sign ? Zero . LS not being in that team would have us back in the pack , exactly the same as Dipo . 

Craig Moore got 27 goals in one season

28 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Also, as much as he was immense, that team was a bit more than just Lawrence Shankland. Difficult to say the same about Dipo/last season.

Yeah in the 17/18 team we had Moore, Moffat, McDaid and Forrest scoring 60-odd goals between them. Also Geggan, Crawford and Adams chipped in with a few each.

I am still gutted that Craig Moore had such awful injury problems. I liked him as a player.

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Forty minutes down the motorway from Glasgow, versus fucking Kirkcaldy. I wish this myth would die.

For some players, the commute won’t be a factor at all in deciding who to join. I also didn’t say anything about Kirkcaldy… Obviously Ayr is less of a commute than Kirkcaldy for a Glasgow based player which is the example I gave.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah in the 17/18 team we had Moore, Moffat, McDaid and Forrest scoring 60-odd goals between them. Also Geggan, Crawford and Adams chipped in with a few each.

I am still gutted that Craig Moore had such awful injury problems. I liked him as a player.

One of those guys who clearly has plenty about him but, just can't get a break with the injuries. On McCall it is also important to note that he could spot deficiencies a mile off an address them. Stevie Bell was an inspired pieces of business to me. He wasn't the best technically but, added that bit of stability we needed at the back. McCall knew how to find a leader and filled his team with guys that could walk the line between leader and team player without ending up with too many chefs.