The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

If Mathie is the one telling managers that he signs the players, could he fucking get a move on and sign someone.

If Mathie is the one telling managers that he signs players, could he fucking get a move on and just f**k off.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

What does this even mean?

What are people expecting them to say right now that would satisfy everyone? If it had been weeks then yes you’d expect some sort of update but it’s been 4 days. Clubs don’t tend to keep supporters updated with every step of appointing a a manager. Putting loads of info in the public domain while the process is still ongoing generally isn’t a good idea.

It’s also not their responsibility to release a denial statement in response to some rumours floating about on Pie and Bovril. We’re not Rangers.

I’ve said it already but I don’t understand the clamour for statements/updates every 5 minutes that goes on in this thread sometimes.

I am looking for Mathie to front up and at least broach the situation. Could easily do a ten minute video with Calum fawning for half of it. Doesn't need to go into specifics around timelines and applicants but some sort of communication would buy time for a bit 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

I am looking for Mathie to front up and at least broach the situation. Could easily do a ten minute video with Calum fawning for half of it. Doesn't need to go into specifics around timelines and applicants but some sort of communication would buy time for a bit 

I guess it would be good to know if they are looking for a “Head Coach” again or a manager…

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I get that to some extent, but a vague timeline would be fine. Plus the closer we get to the end of January panic will set in around the window with the state of the side. Saying what I have before - there is probably a good chance there’ll be an update tomorrow given media teams etc will be at Somerset. 

The issue a new manager has is that they will be going into a pretty horrible run straight away. If they come in after QP, you could easily be looking at four games without a win straight away. 

Finding the right person for the next few years should be the dominant concern and the transfer window or run of games not a factor. If the flexibility of our structure is correct then this will narrow the field and perhaps take longer to find the right person 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I guess it would be good to know if they are looking for a “Head Coach” again or a manager…

Absolutely no reason why he can't mention top level stuff like that. He can even keep in vague by mentioning different options and avoid much sticking if the plans don't work out. Would expect something out later tonight which may lessen the awkward questions should people spot management tomorrow 

I am pretty sure none of us are in the know about the signing policy or the expectations of the coach/manager in terms of community engagement. 

So speculation about Boyer or anyone else rejecting us is just speculation and Mathie is the root of all evil. 

This is a result of the lack of information and updates. We have been in these situations before and the result is, it builds up until the club have to do a Q&A in the hub or a video is released where the mood is pretty poor. 

Since we're all speculating allow me to stoke that fire a bit more. Has the fact Mathie's been radio silent since Bullen's sacking, considering literally everyone else has not been, point to a bit of turmoil in the group? As in perhaps he's not happy that Bullen was sacked and Smith went over his head? We know he was Mathie's man and he's talked in the past about how managers are never given enough time in football.

f649ab1144931c24b040a42af249d199.gif

3 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Thought it was interesting in the announcement of McCall at Clyde there’s no mention of the length of or any contract…..

The stadium plan didn't also go through thanks to some politics from the locals. Would imagine this was a draw for him going there as they had decent plans. Not sure where they are up to now 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Since we're all speculating allow me to stoke that fire a bit more. Has the fact Mathie's been radio silent since Bullen's sacking, considering literally everyone else has not been, point to a bit of turmoil in the group? As in perhaps he's not happy that Bullen was sacked and Smith went over his head? We know he was Mathie's man and he's talked in the past about how managers are never given enough time in football.

He said he was angry after the play-offs but took the emotion out it after taking time to reflect. 
In Bullens singsong, he doesn’t look happy.

His man got us to second and we probably had our best season financially since the three trips to Hampden. Regardless of the reality, on paper he has cause for saying he has been a success. 
6 months down the line, without Akinyemi, his man was struggling and a trigger was pulled. There is nothing to indicate that Mathie wasn’t the one loading the gun or firing it. 

He’ll fit the mould

- First managerial gig so he’ll be happy to use the experience in the dressing room (McGeady and Murphy) rather than bringing in an experienced assistant

- Pals with McGeady  so he’ll go along with the recruitment model in place already 

8 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Thought it was interesting in the announcement of McCall at Clyde there’s no mention of the length of or any contract…..

He shouldn’t be at Clyde but I’m sure he’s getting a decent wage to be there and it is a challenge that suits him, back against the wall, no cash, club in crisis. 
 I’m sure his time there will be on the agreement that he can leave for a team further up should they come knocking. 

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

My read on the statement was that it was correctly signed off by Smith, after all he has ultimate accountability at the club as the owner. It doesn't mean that Mathie hasn't instigated the removal / trigger points.