The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Who was on stand watch today?!

Lack of updates very poor. 

Several of us were on Ian McCall Open All Mics duty. 

I think you’d have heard by now if someone was in the stand. 

I reckon they’ll be in place to take charge against Queens Park. 

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Rose sticking his fingers in his ears when he scored, if he thinks the criticism of the team, or even worse, him has been unjust, he can f**k off now. Stunk the place out since he joined and had the lack of self awareness to celebrate like that. He and the team could have used today as a clean slate but that kind of stuff can f**k right off. 

#WeAreUnited tho...

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

You would be surprised if someone was going to be in place that quickly, and wasn’t in attendance today though. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

yeonmi-park-on-joe-rogans-podcast-joe-rogan-experience.thumb.webp.b893354f364930469e1dc2d5aa245273.webp

This is proof Mathie has scared all of the good managers away

40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Folk booing McGinty, Smith or both was weird when they presented McGinty with his award. 

Heard that as well, thought I maybe missed something else going on. Classy support we have. 

So the players were emotionally crippled today and we've got one of them getting it up his own support. 

After what's happened this week I am baffled as to why he has been sacked and more convinced that the club genuinely do blame the support for it in some way. 

On 19/01/2024 at 12:17, Hursty said:

As said - they can do all the work in the world off the park but success on it is what gets folk coming back. 

Tomorrow is a good example with the kids teams offer - my sons 2015s team have most of their squad going- he and one other have season tickets so would probably go anyway, there's 2 others who go semi regularly but looking at the list of names I think it will be the first time at Somerset for a few of them and maybe even the first ever live game attended for one. 

What a difference it might make with regards to nagging mum and dad to go back if tomorrow sees a good comfortable home win and  couple of goals to cheer with their pals etc rather than a miserable 0-1 defeat with no noise from the crowd other than grumbles / boos etc.  

What a day that ended up being - the boys got on the park at Half Time for the penalty shoot out thing - usually something to totally ignore but made today a bit special for me.  

Game went as well as it could have - comfortable enough without ever looking great, good draw tomorrow and who knows.     

6 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Heard that as well, thought I maybe missed something else going on. Classy support we have. 

Seemed to be weirdo's booing fraser bryden when he came on which was bizzare 

We really do have some absolute morons in our supporter...

I enjoyed the goals and the result was the most important thing.

That being said, we made heavy weather of it for large spells today we didn't look like scoring (neither did Kelty tbf). You wouldn't have known we were a division above them.

A wins a win and we move forward.

I do think it reinforces the point that we need to strengthen the team. We had three players in the middle of the park today and were having issues controlling the game (that's been a theme for a while now).

One final point - I'm not a huge fan of playing one forward at home against a League One team either.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The first hour today was the most bored I’d been at a football match in years. Absolutely turgid, uneventful guff.

Apart from A couple of speculative efforts and McCallister getting made an arse of, nothing happened, not a dreadful performance. Just boring.

Once we went 2-0 up, the team started to actually play some football and we ended up comfortable winners.

Folk booing McGinty, Smith or both was weird when they presented McGinty with his award. Rose sticking his fingers in his ears when he scored, if he thinks the criticism of the team, or even worse, him has been unjust, he can f**k off now. Stunk the place out since he joined and had the lack of self awareness to celebrate like that. He and the team could have used today as a clean slate but that kind of stuff can f**k right off. 

No defensive errors that led to opportunities, We were passed around for a lot of the game and couldn’t get the ball back. We had a better shape though and Whyte made substitutions that Bullen would never had made, McKenzie made a big difference once he came on, Rose was effective and actually looked capable for once. 
Had low expectations today and they were surpassed by a small margin. 

Rose seemed pretty happy at the end- made an effort to come over to all the kids for high fives and photos etc like Adeloye used to do.  They're all away thinking he's amazing 🤣

43 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You would be surprised if someone was going to be in place that quickly, and wasn’t in attendance today though. 

Given that we're probably speaking to 2 or 3 folk on a shortlist we couldn't really have them all in the stand.

1 minute ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Given that we're probably speaking to 2 or 3 folk on a shortlist we couldn't really have them all in the stand.

I don’t mean from a club point of view, more so in terms of their perspective of wanting to see the team live before interview or taking over etc. 

Maybe they assume they’ll be able to get footage though, not realising that our coverage is woeful.