The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Only rumours, neither are concrete is Kyle Turner and Dom Thomas. 

McCall's been trying to get Kyle Turner for about 18 month now

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Both I would take.

I’ve been going on about Turner for ages on here and Thomas has done well for Dumbarton this season.

Would have the Stinlar fans foaming at the mouth that we’ve stole their prodigy so I’m all for it. 

Is the boy Don Thomas not on loan there from them lot up the road or am I thinking of someone else

Aye he’s on loan from Killie and he’s got another year on his contract.

Was pretty highly rated at Motherwell and made a brief cameo in the last Ayrshire Derby.

9 hours ago, Sludden123 said:

I think McCall will bring in somebody else as manager and he will move up to some other role at the club. 

Possibly. Keep reading on here how skint we are as a club so not sure where the cash will come from to fund new heads 

8 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Only rumours, neither are concrete is Kyle Turner and Dom Thomas. 

McCall's been trying to get Kyle Turner for about 18 month now

18 months ago he was being linked with some big teams down south. Find it strange he didn’t get a move anywhere tbh. Hopefully full time football and moving up a league is enough incentive for him to move

Possibly. Keep reading on here how skint we are as a club so not sure where the cash will come from to fund new heads 
What you need is a goalscoring asset that you could easily sell on in January.

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

What you need is a goalscoring asset that you could easily sell on in January.

That only works if we don’t  have dreams of winning the title 

15 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Guy on the SRE FB says  McCall and many of the  players have decided to leave the club at end of the season because of the support.Wouldn't normally post stuff from there but the guy that posted it isn't  usually one of the zoomers, and I think he might have ties to the club.

That just sounds like complete and utter nonsense to me.

Our fans are certainly no worse than anyone else's and apart from a couple of isolated incidents where frustrated supporters have shouted at players to basically "get their finger oot", I can't honestly recall anything more sinister.

Basically if any player is "thinking of leaving" as a result of this sort of thing, then firstly they shouldn't be a professional footballer and secondly they should probably seek psychiatric advice.

Apart from all this, the players generally have been publicly praising the supporters and they also have been going around cheering us after every match, so as I say, it just sounds like total pish to me..............

McCall was saying on midweek Sportsound a couple of weeks ago that he was trying to continue the trend of turning released players around, like Rose, Smith and Shankland and he had make enquiries about a player that week....didn’t sound like someone who had decided to leave

Think it’s quite good to see us getting extensions signed a bit earlier rather than the usual waiting until the summer.

That’s Doc, Ferguson, Harvie, Ecrepont, Forrest, McGuffie and Murdoch all signed up for next season. I’d be hoping Moffat and Kerr are signing pretty soon.

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think it’s quite good to see us getting extensions signed a bit earlier rather than the usual waiting until the summer.

That’s Doc, Ferguson, Harvie, Ecrepont, Forrest, McGuffie and Murdoch all signed up for next season. I’d be hoping Moffat and Kerr are signing pretty soon.

No McDaid? 

17 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Great news about forrest. Can see him having a great season like he did at the beginning of this season. Aslong as he's kept injury free .also think it's mcguffies turn too break into the first team .does anyone know how he's being doing at raith ?

Don't think they have been overly impressed with him and he's spent alot of time on the bench. Probably the worst move for him in hindsight but looked like a decent idea at the time. 

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I must be in a minority of people who think McGuffie hasn’t yet shown enough to be considered anything more than an impact sub.

My thoughts exactly.  He’s been good anytime he’s came off the bench but whenever he’s been  awarded with a start he flatters to deceive.