The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I have been made redundant, I didn't then go onto my previous employers social posts sucking d**k. I'm pretty sure he'll keep in contact with people, and those that want to will keep in contact with him... But to comment such things (and this is not the first) just smacks of a jilted lover cringe. In my opinion of course.

I've never had my employers or people from work on social media.

We are colleagues, not friends.

9 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Yes I really can't see why anyone would have an issue with this. There is nothing snide in his comments, and it just shows Bullen as a decent person who genuinely cared about the young players who worked for him. It is not uncommon in other areas of work for people to congratulate former colleagues on promotions or new jobs (typically on LinkedIn) so I don't see this as strange behaviour in any way.

He also gave Bryden his debut and mentioned him in almost every interview

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I've never had my employers or people from work on social media.

We are colleagues, not friends.

I've had a couple of colleagues that have become friends on my socials but adding people just because you work with them is not something I do either.

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

All the more reason to phone or message him privately.... It's the attention seeking, almost Somerset Boab level of self importance to post something like that imo. He also regularly thrown his whole team under the bus and not everybody seen him as a 'nice guy' I guess folks are still so sensitive.....

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

On the QOTS child hooligan. There has been a rise in these tadgers in recent years and as someone who is old enough to remember the last wave of casual culture…..they can f**k off. All it will do is stop families going to games and stop older children in their formative years being allowed to go with their pals 

A bunch of 16 year olds, coked up while cosplaying as a football hooligan is fucking tragic. Even worse when it’s a guy in his 50s or 60s battling with them. 

Aye, embarrassing behaviour. Wee neds is all they are. Spitting is disgusting and if I had spat on I'd have went tonto on the p***k, regardless of his age. Same with they Dundee Utd bams that knocked the Pandas head off earlier in the season. Just no need for it at all. If away fans want to fight with Ayr fans who are equally up for a scrap then fair enough, but assaulting club staff is beyond the pale 

56 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

almost Somerset Boab level of self importance

Is there such a level? Don't think that knob will ever be topped tbf.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I mean, I'm not sure on this. He was a coach with youth at Sheffield Wednesday, so I could see why he'd praise Fraser's contract extension, having given him his chances at Ayr. However, I agree that it does give off the creepy stalker vibes.

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Is there such a level? Don't think that knob will ever be topped tbf.

I mean, I'm not sure on this. He was a coach with youth at Sheffield Wednesday, so I could see why he'd praise Fraser's contract extension, having given him his chances at Ayr. However, I agree that it does give off the creepy stalker vibes.

He keeps in touch with many members of the club that have formed a personal friendly relationship with him , what’s so creepy about wishing someone well , can’t work out how this has riled some people  

Edited by Finlay21

30 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He keeps in touch with many members of the club that have formed a personal friendly relationship with him , what’s so creepy about wishing someone well , can’t work out how this has riled some people  

I'm not sure anyone over the age of 52 would get it tbh

It’s a shame things didn’t work out with Bullen, and I don’t think there is any serious argument that it was the wrong decision, but he’s obviously a decent enough guy who still wants the young guys in particular to do well.  There doesn’t seem to be any ill feeling between him and the club which is definitely good to hear (I still wonder if he might have been intending to step down at the end of the season anyway, given the travelling involved and there being no talk at all of a contract extension) - it was sad to hear Mark Roberts say that he’s never been back to Somerset because he doesn’t feel welcome or that he would get a bad reception.

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

It’s a shame things didn’t work out with Bullen, and I don’t think there is any serious argument that it was the wrong decision, but he’s obviously a decent enough guy who still wants the young guys in particular to do well.  There doesn’t seem to be any ill feeling between him and the club which is definitely good to hear (I still wonder if he might have been intending to step down at the end of the season anyway, given the travelling involved and there being no talk at all of a contract extension) - it was sad to hear Mark Roberts say that he’s never been back to Somerset because he doesn’t feel welcome or that he would get a bad reception.

I loved Roberts as a player but he was a very poor manager. He was also given far too much time when he evidently wasn't good enough. He should have never had his contract renewed after 13/14. 

46 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

You worked out how the subs board works yet Robbo?

Seen you fidgeting with it during the game on Sat. 

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

You worked out how the subs board works yet Robbo?

Seen you fidgeting with it during the game on Sat. 

I wouldn't worry about Robbo.

If Boaby would take his sunglasses off he might be able to read it and announce the correct substitutions.

If Bullen wants to comment on things he's essentially just a fan now if he's decided to keep an interest, carry on IMO.  

He's pretty unlikely to be saying anything controversial publicly so no harm in it.