The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Interesting scenario, wouldn't like to see any club going bust though, but I guess Arbroath would regain Championship status, and the lower leagues probably the same with East kilbride gaining the 2nd Div slot

Aye, football banter is fine but don't want to see any team fold even our Ayrshire cousins.

As much as I'd love us to conquer Ross County and get into the greed is good league, I'd no be very disappointed if we failed, as the Championship next season looks to be a cracker with quite a healthy away support for a lot of the clubs

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd quite like to see the other ugly sister fold, as well as the tribute act to the other one that has already folded

Fixed that for you.

Edited by AUcal

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

As much as I'd love us to conquer Ross County and get into the greed is good league, I'd no be very disappointed if we failed, as the Championship next season looks to be a cracker with quite a healthy away support for a lot of the clubs

You don't want promotion anyway. The Championship is the much better, more prestigious league. 

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

You don't want promotion anyway. The Championship is the much better, more prestigious league. 

Some of the best Friday night football games I've witnessed in a long long time

5 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

I fuckin hate this lot with every fibre in my body. 

Screenshot_20240519-184458.png

Imagine how much Scottish society would be improved if those two absolute cancers on society ceased to exist.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Imagine how much Scottish society would be improved if those two absolute cancers on society ceased to exist.

One of them didn't for a small period, unfortunately the SFA brought it back under a different name. Apparently we can't do without in Scotland 🙄

I'd rather follow my local team than that shower of sheep.

3 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Id rather walk into the fuckin sea than have to ever even look at that bunch.

I'd rather go to Michael Barrymore's pool party than ever see or hear about either club ever again.

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

Best thing my dad did was take me to see Ayr V Arsenal in a pre-season friendly in 1987 been more lows than highs but would not have it any other way.

download (7).jpeg

I remember back in the early 2000s the matchday programmes had a feature in which they asked a fan questions like what their first game was, who their favourite player is, what player they would most like to see play for Ayr etc. Someone named this as their first game. The only reason that I remember that is because I thought "wow Ayr played Arsenal" and in my 10 year old mind the fact that my team had played a game against such a major club seemed like a big deal.

9 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

See on Facebook that Chibaala Charles could be over for a game next season

Can he play LB?

Spoiler

Hope he gets over he was gutted when it fell through last year.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Coming from Zambia to walking up to Somerset through white city must be an experience that'll last a lifetime.  No lions here Charles just burned out police cars and tesco trolleys.

He'll be organising a lift of fitba taps for the weans in Wallacetoun

1 hour ago, Superhursty7 said:

Best thing my dad did was take me to see Ayr V Arsenal in a pre-season friendly in 1987 been more lows than highs but would not have it any other way.

download (7).jpeg

What kind of squad did Arsenal bring up for that game? Anyone remember 😂