The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

On a Pre Contract ! He will officially sign when his contract at Morton ends 

We are maybe waiting on contacts at previous clubs to run out before announcing 

Maybe he didn’t go abroad and his butlins holiday finished early…

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

On a Pre Contract ! He will officially sign when his contract at Morton ends 

We are maybe waiting on contacts at previous clubs to run out before announcing 

Kinda wish we were a bit more horrible and announced these things when it suits us rather than being nice to other teams. 

Obviously it’s a bit different for the likes of Oakley as I’m not sure if he’s even in the country to come for photos and press. 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Maybe he didn’t go abroad and his butlins holiday finished early…

Yes think it’s easier to announce players when they are in the country as he was on a coaching course with the SFA this week going by photos on X

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Yes think it’s easier to announce players when they are in the country as he was on a coaching course with the SFA this week going by photos on X

Im not criticising the club over lack of signings I would love it if we were like partick and other clubs getting things announced early. I know there will be deals in place already and it’s frustrating that we don’t know about them.

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Are Thistle not fan owned now?

Will be easier for the “fans” to know who they have lined up

Could be a point as it seems to be them and Morton who are announcing extensions  ( both) and signings ( Thistle) 

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Are Thistle not fan owned now?

Will be easier for the “fans” to know who they have lined up

Leaks were a regular occurrence at Thistle long before fan ownership.

I wouldn’t read too much into the fact you haven’t announced anyone yet. Even if Oakley has signed for Ayr, there could be any number of reasons it hasn’t been officially announced.

Livi have also announced a bunch of new signings and extensions - they’re not fan owned and seem to have a mess of a court case going on which could see their manager leave soon. Different clubs just do things differently sometimes, and I don’t think it should be any kind of concern that Ayr aren’t announcing new signings in the middle of May.

Posted (edited)

Have we announced Hartel yet? 

Spoiler

He's heard about the new stand

Screenshot_20240523-195139.thumb.png.3b3d71ca5632e20dfe2341347777a71c.png

Edited by itzdrk

43 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Could be a point as it seems to be them and Morton who are announcing extensions  ( both) and signings ( Thistle) 

Morton haven't announced anything.

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Crawford was holidaying in the Strathclyde Hilton which allowed him to nip up to Firhill to sign the contract.

Anyone staying at The Mercure we can sign? 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s a bunch of workies at The Station Hotel (RIP). Bound to be one of them decent with a ball at their feet.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, madton said:

Morton haven't announced anything

I would keep it quiet too if I was signing those 3 

Morton have agreed extensions with captain Grant Gillespie, Kirk Broadfoot and Cameron Blues.

Boss Dougie Imrie has handed the experienced trio extensions. Midfielder Gillespie, experienced defender Broadfoot and midfielder Blues were all big players for the ‘Ton last season.

Edited by Finlay21

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kind of chicken and egg. We have been turgid for a few seasons now and other than some Ayrshire post quotes, there is absolutely nothing to say this season will be any different at all or that season ticket money won’t be spent on another winner from the Ginsters pasty league south 2. None of that says, pay for 18 games up front because you’ll definitely want to be at all of them. 

The had been no hard sell of season tickets, not even a rallying cry from the captain,  manager or CEO which is the bare minimum that is normally rolled out. 
They have sold seasons based on people wanting to sit in the new stand but very little on what’s on the actual park.

They need to do a lot more in that respect. 

On that, like I said last season and pissed people off with ...

Commercial manager needs to do more and try and get more people interested....

Must do more I agree but surely that's why employ commercial manager 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Morton have agreed extensions with captain Grant Gillespie, Kirk Broadfoot and Cameron Blues.

Boss Dougie Imrie has handed the experienced trio extensions. Midfielder Gillespie, experienced defender Broadfoot and midfielder Blues were all big players for the ‘Ton last season.

Great news for the rest of the league.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Might be work permit issues.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Didn't realise Morton are the Daily Record.

In that case you've announced Oakley too!

14 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Maybe a week ago so I still have a weeks grace then ? 

Your years-long history of accurately predicting signings precedes you.