The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They may feel that way though.  The club have spent the previous two summers blowing smoke up the arse of the fans that do go in to the SRE.  Any disappointments of not being able to stand on the terrace for a year was rebranded as how great that "all" of our fans would be in together making noise in there blah blah.  

It was party line at signing interviews at one stage for anyone that had played at Somerset before to mention something about that part of the ground.  

Would be fair to say (or at least I think so) that some young people may not have realised this was just propaganda and thought it was organic conversation.  

If I never hear the phrase "suck the ball into the net" again it will still be far too soon.

5 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

They sold the whole support out when they chose Celtic to open the new stand. They knew exactly the reaction it would receive and the resentment it would cause. 

They knew that Celtic fans would get far more out this game than Ayr fans would. They knew from the off that the ground would be 75% Celtic (at least).

They made a business decision and dropped their drawers for money. 

Some folk are happy with that. I'm not. Not going to cry over it and when we get a decent player signed I'll more than likely move on but they've lost the trust (again) of a lot of young fans. They'll never learn.

They didn’t sell out the support. They could have invited Manchester United up and they could have brought up a team of 18 year olds and 3 guys that came off the bench in the league cup and they could have brought enough fans to fill half a section of the main stand.

They chose Celtic, who are doing us a favour by all accounts. Brown has flogged it to Celtic fans and we could be looking at 2-3 good players as a result.
It makes absolute sense to do it and I think all supporters see that. It is the only friendly in Scotland and the first chance some of the fans will have to see some of the new players as well as pay tribute to Brown. 

In August, no one will care. There might be an agenda with Mathie like there is with Proven, but that will be it. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Do you think Celtic would let us borrow their disco lights for the big day?

That would be amazing...

Maybe we could get Santa to cut the ribbon on the new stand?

15 minutes ago, Iain said:

If I never hear the phrase "suck the ball into the net" again it will still be far too soon.

Could give us the Railway End so we could try blow it into the net from there. 

2 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Could give us the Railway End so we could try blow it into the net from there. 

Good steam locomotive connotations as well. Choo choo.

Just now, eez-eh said:

It will be Brendan Rodgers praising the Celtic fans for sucking the ball into the net.

Distraught Ayr fans reduced to sucking the ball out for a shy.

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

The only thing I find criminal about this is that McGeady will likely play a significant amount of minutes in set game 

Don't curse that. I was hoping he'd be gone and played his last game. Not even his own team players like him.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They didn’t sell out the support. They could have invited Manchester United up and they could have brought up a team of 18 year olds and 3 guys that came off the bench in the league cup and they could have brought enough fans to fill half a section of the main stand.

They chose Celtic, who are doing us a favour by all accounts. Brown has flogged it to Celtic fans and we could be looking at 2-3 good players as a result.
It makes absolute sense to do it and I think all supporters see that. It is the only friendly in Scotland and the first chance some of the fans will have to see some of the new players as well as pay tribute to Brown. 

In August, no one will care. There might be an agenda with Mathie like there is with Proven, but that will be it. 

When Manchester United played at Ayr the crowd was 2,876. This proves your point.

Would like to see Alan Forrest get a call up for these Scotland friendlies since Dykes is injured, links very well with shankland I know it’s unlikely but we don’t have many replacements for the likes of dykes 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Would like to see Alan Forrest get a call up for these Scotland friendlies since Dykes is injured, links very well with shankland I know it’s unlikely but we don’t have many replacements for the likes of dykes 

Physical and doesn’t score a lot in the league  sounds like Mark McKenzie’s music 

1 hour ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

£18000 that's a start

Had to google that not because I didn’t believe you just I had questions, so it £18k for each of the teams involved no wonder they are trying to cut costs(premier sports) , they need to sell 2500 passes at £14 to break even. No wonder the bbc pay us peanuts for our Friday night games.