The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Was a strange signing for Dundee in the first place. 

Thats twice now he’s signed a PCA agreement with them and on both occasions it won’t be honoured. It’s a signing that would be excellent for us but given we’ve likely made McCann our “big” defensive signing and we’re now looking at Hamilton, I think it’s unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thats twice now he’s signed a PCA agreement with them and on both occasions it won’t be honoured. It’s a signing that would be excellent for us but given we’ve likely made McCann our “big” defensive signing and we’re now looking at Hamilton, I think it’s unlikely. 

I think Hamilton makes more sense, two first choice centre half’s a development opportunity, much like Stanger last season with Musonda and McGinty. Hamilton will probably play most of the season covering for McCallister or Musonda. 

A couple of injuries and we are screwed, but could we afford to sign two more centre half’s while having McCann and McCallister who can both play there? I expect it may just be Hamilton and maybe a loan player that can play defence and midfield. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think Hamilton makes more sense, two first choice centre half’s a development opportunity, much like Stanger last season with Musonda and McGinty. Hamilton will probably play most of the season covering for McCallister or Musonda. 

A couple of injuries and we are screwed, but could we afford to sign two more centre half’s while having McCann and McCallister who can both play there? I expect it may just be Hamilton and maybe a loan player that can play defence and midfield. 

I agree; and also think the potential with Hamilton is huge - it might not work but the potential upside is very good. We then still have several who can cover CB. 

It’ll be interesting if Watret continues to start at RB over the next few friendlies. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I agree; and also think the potential with Hamilton is huge - it might not work but the potential upside is very good. We then still have several who can cover CB. 

It’ll be interesting if Watret continues to start at RB over the next few friendlies. 

If Brown wants the team playing the way we did in the first half yesterday, then McAllister isn't first choice.  Full backs were so high and getting in behind their defence with pace at ease.

the more I hear about Hamilton the more it sounds a great option, Ashcroft would have been great but Hamilton sounds to have more potential a lot younger and a more ball playing CH obviously the not playing for two years is a risk but it's one we should be taking.

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If Brown wants the team playing the way we did in the first half yesterday, then McAllister isn't first choice.  Full backs were so high and getting in behind their defence with pace at ease.

I’m amazed that Reading was able to cope with that. 

As you say though, having Dempsey allows a quick shift to a back three and the centre halves on either side can run to cover the space left by the full back. Having Musonda fit will really help that. 

Actually looking forward to seeing them in action. I don’t think next Friday will be an indicator of much although will show how we deal with a team far better than us. I might head up to the EK friendly. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Paul McGowan signs for Willie Gibsons Annan. 
Imagine being on the Annan Christmas night out? 🤢

Was it Paul McGowan who had to play with a tag after getting done for assault?

I seem to recall a story of him being unable to play away at Ross county midweek because it would break the curfew conditions of his electronic tag. Not sure if it's true but I hope it is.

23 minutes ago, AUcal said:

I seem to recall a story of him being unable to play away at Ross county midweek because it would break the curfew conditions of his electronic tag. Not sure if it's true but I hope it is.

Aye, that was him. He assaulted a female police officer 

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

He was probably worried about playing towards the Jail End at Victoria Park...