The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Heard someone saying tonight that we’re due getting two players from Celtic. Not sure if one is Carse or if it’s meant to be a couple loans or if it is indeed just someone putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 given who our manager is. 

I think any of the Celtic players on show tonight, that I’d have, are out of our reach. 

Heard from a couple of guys I know, Celtic fans, that they were going through the turnstiles that they were manned by kids who looked about 12, they weren't scanning QR codes, taking tallies, and not even asking to see the QR codes, as I assume they were down. Are they on the wind up with this?

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Heard from a couple of guys I know, Celtic fans, that they were going through the turnstiles that they were manned by kids who looked about 12, they weren't scanning QR codes, taking tallies, and not even asking to see the QR codes, as I assume they were down. Are they on the wind up with this?

The turnstile I got was manned by an old woman who looked like she was given alien tech to scan the QR code. Either way it was poor. 

Did hear from Celtic fans that tallies were taken. Definitely their queue was dealt with waaaay quicker than ours…I got there 7:20 and got in about 8ish. 

Hopefully this served as a good dry run. It was hanging though. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I was in the away end for the game it seemed to run relatively smooth to get in but those iPads they had took ages to scan the QR codes. 

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I mean it happened all the time with the old technology, so it would hardly be surprising if the in house technology doesn’t work very well either. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I mean it happened all the time with the old technology, so it would hardly be surprising if the in house technology doesn’t work very well either. 

But at least when that happened you had to show them your QR code before they allied you. Not doing that at least with a crowd that size seems dangerous 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This is the next side of the club they need to focus on, any aspect of technology used is always terrible.  

I wonder if part of the issue is connection speed, I had a look at Celtic TV for 5 mins earlier which is usually below TV quality but worlds better than our stream, it was the same crap picture and audio quality and buffered twice in those five minutes.  

30 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

But at least when that happened you had to show them your QR code before they allied you. Not doing that at least with a crowd that size seems dangerous 

Especially when someone could have screenshotted the original QR code and then sent it to pals looking for tickets. Just glancing at a QR code is a fools game. 

I'll forever be old school, tangible tickets all the way. Sure I've got some kicking around from 1998 🤣

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

And Bryden(love him and all that for being Ayr diehard) needs a loan to smaller club as he looks out his depth... He loses the ball and struggles to win the ball..... When he cam on he was an empty shirt..... Constantly losing the ball and mis controlling...... Don't like saying it but sadly he is not gonna cut it this season.... 

I'm not going to defend Bryden here but what I will say is that I'd love if Ayr signed the player defending him the whole time on loan. Had Bryden in his pocket. Number 50 for Celtic.

Was a shambles getting into Somerset tonight. Arrived at 7.20 and had to queue for over half an hour to get in. Bit of a smooth brain move from Dave Smith to only have 4 turnstiles for a whole stand. The scanning system was also poor - iPads fixed on a holder whereby the staff had to keep grabbing people's phones to move them closer/further from the scanner before it registered which slowed everything down. 

New stand looked great and was impressed by it. Only disappointment (aside from lack of turnstiles) was the toilet block in the corner. Long queues all throughout the game because there's only 6 toilets which meant people were just pissing against the wall. I don't understand why we can't have a cabin with a trough/urinals as well as cubicles as troughs allows for greater capacity and faster movement of people.

On the pitch I was impressed by Rus, he had a very good first touch. Stanger was great also. Wasn't all that impressed by Oakley tbh. Was hoping we would have went ahead in the second half as their team by that point wasn't far off their B team in the lowland league.

10 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm not going to defend Bryden here but what I will say is that I'd love if Ayr signed the player defending him the whole time on loan. Had Bryden in his pocket. Number 50 for Celtic.

The same number 50 ragdolled by Oakley and Dowds from the moment he came on?

19 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

Was in hospitality tonight. Big teething problems.  Food lovely but staff shortages had directors and office staff serving. Paid a lot of money for tonight and felt as we were ripped off. 

it putting the ticket system and the hospitality live in a sell out crowd was always going to be a risk.