The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They must be turning up actively late because I'm sauntering in as close to 3pm as possible as well and I don't remember missing large parts of games.  

Except in Kirkcaldy where I couldn't be arsed leaving the pub until 20 past 3 :lol:

Aye I’m the same. Don’t think I was in the Q any earlier than 10 to 3 at any away games last season and still made it in for kick off or at very worst 5 past 3. 

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

On the subject of 30-40 minute queues: I have a mate who is a season holder and makes 60%+ away games every season, has done for two decades, and still routinely turns up five minutes before games start at e.g. Firhill or EEP and is surprised to miss half of the first half. Somerset absolutely spoils you. Especially at games featuring big crowds you'd be an idiot not to plan to be there half an hour early at most big grounds.

Aye, but some folk on here are going on as if those that are complaining rocked up with a minute to spare then mumping and moaning cos they had to wait…then offering the inane advice that you show up early to big events. 

The reason folk are complaining is that they were arriving at least half an hour early and still missing the first 10-15 minutes of the match.

32 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They must be turning up actively late because I'm sauntering in as close to 3pm as possible as well and I don't remember missing large parts of games.  

Except in Kirkcaldy where I couldn't be arsed leaving the pub until 20 past 3 :lol:

We've all been there 🤣

58 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Think we were in the same pub - Fife pubs are okay by me 🤪

19 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I'd say Hastie and Hamilton are almost certs to sign next week and possibly Carse as well, if those 3 come in do we think out business is done?

I’d imagine so aye. Might be a few going out on loan. 

1 hour ago, Superhursty7 said:

I'd say Hastie and Hamilton are almost certs to sign next week and possibly Carse as well, if those 3 come in do we think out business is done?

I still think there will be players not yet here signing 

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think if it clicks then we’ll be top four without a doubt. We look to have a great deal more depth than usual and Brown has done well to assemble a squad rather than just a starting eleven. 

I think Oakley and Dowds have the makings of a good partnership but it’s Rus I’m more excited to watch. He looks to have a real burst of pace over a short distance and looks like he’ll put himself about a bit as well. 

If we sign Hastie, Hamilton and Carse then the only position we’re lacking real quality depth in is up front but I said last week that was the last position we should be looking at until we got our defence and midfield covered so can’t really have any complaints. 

I have only seen us via the stream the other night, so I’m looking forward to seeing what Rus, in particular, has to offer soon. 

If what Finlay says above happens, and they are quality signings - I think we are probably two of those type of player away from competing for the title. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Lawell was a standout for Celtic on Friday. Please tell me there is a chance

Genuinely think if we signed him we’d win the league. 

Surely to f**k that’s an impossible signing though?

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was he not on loan to Scott Browns Fleetwood town last season? 🤔

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Depends on Celtic, but if they want him to play first team football and he’s probably not going to get it this season. 
he could go to St Mirren or Kilmarnock or 4-5 other premier teams though

No chance we are signing Lawal unfortunately. Dane Murray is the one I took away from the game that we could realistically sign. Big composed centre back, good on the ball. Can also play centre mid.

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Depends on Celtic, but if they want him to play first team football and he’s probably not going to get it this season. 
he could go to St Mirren or Kilmarnock or 4-5 other premier teams though

But if they want him to develop a 'winning mentality' maybe being an important player in a title race holds added value to them? 🤪

This friendly with the Celtic B team next week might shed more light on if we get any loans from Celtic, if I recall correctly we had a friendly with Rangers B team before we signed Kelly a few seasons back.

5 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

This friendly with the Celtic B team next week might shed more light on if we get any loans from Celtic, if I recall correctly we had a friendly with Rangers B team before we signed Kelly a few seasons back.

We played Rangers in cup and Stephen Kelly came on as a sub to make his debut. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We played Rangers in cup and Stephen Kelly came on as a sub to make his debut. 

Yeah he made his debut for them against us but maybe then following season we played them in a friendly at Murray Park in pre-season and he signed a few days later on loan.