The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye I came on here expecting everyone to be fairly positive. Beat a fellow championship team heavily fancied to at least push for the playoffs. We’re clearly still a couple of bodies short but im delighted with the result. If we take anything from Dundee United then we’ve got to be strong favourites to win the group. 

Spot on.  You'd think we'd scraped by a team in a lower league without doing anything impressive - was leaving the ground and couldn't believe some of the chat about us being shite again and no better than last season.  It's mind boggling.  

First game of last seasons group we needed Sam Ashford off the bench to set up a Bryden goal to get a late draw at Stirling FFS 

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

I thought we were all just fly tipping our brown bin stuff now?

Naw bottom of the green bin noo fur me.  Don't fly tip the toons in a big enough state as it is. Respect the environment 👏 

If people can’t see the improvement from last season I don’t know what to say. With the way we set up, we’re going to give the ball away and leave ourselves open. The gamble is that we’ll score more than we concede. What’s pleasing is that we can make it hard for teams to play like we did in the second half. We need another midfielder more than we need another defender imo. Dempsey is a big miss when he’s out and as much as I like Syla, he gifts the ball away a fair amount. Having Mark McKenzie drop into midfield is something that can’t be happening too often but the fact that he is trusted to do that speaks more than what people on the terracing think about him. 

Final note, Dylan Watret will be playing in England next season and Marco Rus might end up being the best midfielder I see at Ayr. It’s quite frankly ridiculous that we’ve managed to sign him. My only concern is he gets injured as Falkirk ended up targeting him when they realised he was taking the piss out them. 

3 minutes ago, Weekeith said:

Naw bottom of the green bin noo fur me.  Don't fly tip the toons in a big enough state as it is. Respect the environment 👏 

I drive to Killie to fly tip so I’m in the clear. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

If people can’t see the improvement from last season I don’t know what to say. With the way we set up, we’re going to give the ball away and leave ourselves open. The gamble is that we’ll score more than we concede. What’s pleasing is that we can make it hard for teams to play like we did in the second half. We need another midfielder more than we need another defender imo. Dempsey is a big miss when he’s out and as much as I like Syla, he gifts the ball away a fair amount. Having Mark McKenzie drop into midfield is something that can’t be happening too often but the fact that he is trusted to do that speaks more than what people on the terracing think about him. 

Final note, Dylan Watret will be playing in England next season and Marco Rus might end up being the best midfielder I see at Ayr. It’s quite frankly ridiculous that we’ve managed to sign him. My only concern is he gets injured as Falkirk ended up targeting him when they realised he was taking the piss out them. 

Where would you put Rus on a scale of Marco Ciardi to Alain Horace? 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Agree on both.  Keep thinking there must be a catch somewhere with Rus as he just seems so good.  Even keeps bouncing up after some heavy tackles - the injury a definite worry, tweeted the same and noticed I'm not the only one.  

Watret is superb.   Getting him on a 3 year deal is unreal business.  

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

Where would you put Rus on a scale of Marco Ciardi to Alain Horace? 

If he can score consistently this season then he’ll be on the Horace end of the scale. Probably eclipse it. 

He’s got absolutely everything you need at this level and as someone said earlier, he knows how good he is which means he’s content with taking the ball even if he’s surrounded with three players. 

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Watret is superb.   Getting him on a 3 year deal is unreal business.  

Learning our lessons from losing out on getting money from youths of the past like Forrest and McCowan

5 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Learning our lessons from losing out on getting money from youths of the past like Forrest and McCowan

Great to see.   Seems to be a good few of the u18s squad getting called up to train with the first team as Brown apparently takes a lot of interest in their performances but also their stats etc. 

Was talking to a couple of them who do some kids coaching on Sunday - they were both in last week and doing a drill where you need to keep 50 passes or something.  Apparently got to 48 and came to one of them thought he was about to be part of the big moment and Roy Syla came from nowhere and put him 3 feet in the air.  Welcome to adults football 🤣

Edited by Hursty

Think from that post match interview Brown sees what we can see..... Look great when we have best 11....when subs come on significantly weakens us.... 

Bryden is a striker..... I have no idea why we are bringing him on... He needs a loan away..... Play mcckenzie or something upfront and bring midfielder on... Or at least someone who can control the ball...... Jes

That was some game!

Could have been 4-4.

Managed to end Falkirk’s unbeaten run which was pleasing.

They are a good side and were a much sterner test than Killie and Celtic combined.

Rus is magic.

Stanger was superb.

Watret is so good for his age.

Stone was in the right place every time.

On the negative side…

Paddy isn’t good enough.

Bryden’s not championship material.

Falkirk look like they will cause everyone problems and it was wave after wave of attack for a long period.

Great win and clean sheet for us.

Thought home crowd was a bit pants numbers wise

29 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

That was some game!

Could have been 4-4.

Managed to end Falkirk’s unbeaten run which was pleasing.

They are a good side and were a much sterner test than Killie and Celtic combined.

Rus is magic.

Stanger was superb.

Watret is so good for his age.

Stone was in the right place every time.

On the negative side…

Paddy isn’t good enough.

Bryden’s not championship material.

Falkirk look like they will cause everyone problems and it was wave after wave of attack for a long period.

Great win and clean sheet for us.

Thought home crowd was a bit pants numbers wise

3 home games in 12 days, fir what is preseason and peak Scottish holiday season... I think the club have horsed every penny they can out of the support 😄 (plus season ticket and new strip purchases an sponsorships etc etc) 

I don't know if our stats man D.C. uses P&B but I'd be intrigued to know how this July, so far, stacks up against previous July's for attendances, combined and home gate?

From a business point of view, the club have smashed it. Well, apart from our media... still waiting for streams/tech/Internet/social media/communication and content to get up to Championship/modern standards and this ridiculous notion you can't turn up and pay to get into the ground at start time... that needs addressed ASAP! ....  That's my only gripes tho. 

Totally buzzin to have burst their unbeaten run haha.... girfuy ⚫⚪

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

We certainly held on in the second half, Falkirk were unlucky not to get a draw to take it to pens, but we'll take it. 

The VL's really need to find something better to do after games than fight and chuck a food waste caddy around. Moronic behaviour 

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

From a business point of view, the club have smashed it. Well, apart from our media...

There is something moderately insane about how the club can seemingly attract talent nobody else at this level can and fling up millions of pounds of infrastructure but is pathologically incapable of fixing a) a left back, b) pointing a camera at a pitch for two hours, and c) pointing a camera and a mic at some staff for twenty minutes.

Just now, Thumper said:

There is something moderately insane about how the club can seemingly attract talent nobody else at this level can and fling up millions of pounds of infrastructure but is pathologically incapable of fixing a) a left back, b) pointing a camera at a pitch for two hours, and c) pointing a camera and a mic at some staff for twenty minutes.

👏🤣🤣 It's so fuckin frustrating! Get the simple things right. Plus there's more middle management than S.A.C. now... wtf are they all doing🫣!?

10 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

👏🤣🤣 It's so fuckin frustrating! Get the simple things right. Plus there's more middle management than S.A.C. now... wtf are they all doing🫣!?

And an easy ticketing system..... 

Commercial manager.... Hello old people can't and won't buy tickets online...... Get the ticket office open ot ure going to cost the club a fortune in missed ticketing sales... 

Heard wee old boy travelled down all the way from the villages.... Patna to be precise to relive his youth and poor old bugger couldn't work out how to get a ticket and walked back into town bought a pint in billy bridges and went home...... That's sad asf..... Get it sorted... 

Just now, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

And an easy ticketing system..... 

Commercial manager.... Hello old people can't and won't buy tickets online...... Get the ticket office open ot ure going to cost the club a fortune in missed ticketing sales... 

Heard wee old boy travelled down all the way from the villages.... Patna to be precise to relive his youth and poor old bugger couldn't work out how to get a ticket and walked back into town bought a pint in billy bridges and went home...... That's sad asf..... Get it sorted... 

If that's true, whoever made that decision about tickets should buy that gentleman a season ticket and a free pint in Cam's before every game this season. Absolutely appalling behaviour. The club need to work hard to bring people back into the fold. I've been harping on about this for 2yrs (only a few months on here right enough) This Super Ayr Dream only comes together when the town(shire) gets right behind the club and attendances flourish.... You're not supporting or building this dream with 2k home support and a minted hospitality) above mentioned behaviour, is exactly where they are falling short! 

I'm 40 and f**k buying digital tics etc... I've got enough passwords to remember and far to many apps on my phone as is 🤣