The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Aye still it sounds like it was all a tad confusing for folks..... Should be easy to just print a ticket and have a ticket kiosk...... Or just pay the gate like the old days..... 

It's quite a simple fix... Here is 15 pound..... Off you go.... Next

On the playing front am happy with the team... Think Rus looks like an absolute top drawer player..... However think teams are realising this and he is getting nailed so no doubt he will end up injured..... 

Think this could be a good season in a tough league.... I predict sneaky play off place IF we can keep our best players fit.. 

48 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Yeah I will bite…….we outplayed you all night playing football built-up from back & through the lines whilst you reverted to long (hoof)ball from early doors which our second string back 4 coped with all night apart from the goal. As said by many of your own support we were extremely unlucky to not get at least a draw & given players still to return from injury it augers well for season ahead & predict we finish above you lot in league quite comfortably. On a separate note expected Broonie’s team to be more tactically astute & at least attempting to play sone silky passing footie but clearly his risk averse hoofball to Dowds & Oakley negates that idea.

14 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Aye still it sounds like it was all a tad confusing for folks..... Should be easy to just print a ticket and have a ticket kiosk...... Or just pay the gate like the old days..... 

It's quite a simple fix... Here is 15 pound..... Off you go.... Next

£15.... lol.... then was the days 😉🤣

57 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Lots of positives in the game I thought, particularly Rus and Watret.  We really need more strength and experience in the middle of the park though.  Would be great if Andy Murdoch is the answer, but he must be miles away from match fitness if we’re preferring McKenzie as a central midfielder.  

I think pace and stamina were the key attributes required to face falkirk, and McKenzie could offer more of that than Murdoch just now. It's good that we have options to play different ways already and can adapt to different teams.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Yeah I will bite…….we outplayed you all night playing football built-up from back & through the lines whilst you reverted to long (hoof)ball from early doors which our second string back 4 coped with all night apart from the goal. As said by many of your own support we were extremely unlucky to not get at least a draw & given players still to return from injury it augers well for season ahead & predict we finish above you lot in league quite comfortably. On a separate note expected Broonie’s team to be more tactically astute & at least attempting to play sone silky passing footie but clearly his risk averse hoofball to Dowds & Oakley negates that idea.

Unluckily for you guys, not all teams are going to roll over and have their tummies tickled by the inventors of "playing football built-up from back & through the lines" this season.

Remember, that's a settled squad with momentum playing Ayr last night. Against a team playing their first competitive match with a lot of summer changes and also missing two stick on starters across the midfield. 

Make all the predictions based on last night you like, it means zero which coincidentally is the same number of points your team collected last night.

Edited by Jeff Venom

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

No one can make serious predictions based on the first game or two in the league cup. Most sides are still building up fitness and a style of play. Whilst still hoping to add to the squad with signings or loans. 

I really hope we are still in for a couple players, Murphy, Dempsey and Musonda coming back into the starting lineup will be a big help as well.  

Edited by itzdrk

Just now, itzdrk said:

I really hope we are still in for a couple players, Murphy, Dempsey and Musonda coming back into the starting lineup will be a big help as well.  

Who you dropping for Musonda? Reading with McMann moving to Left Back being my choice. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Who you dropping for Musonda? Reading with McMann moving to Left Back being my choice. 

Ideally Reading but Stanger is pretty naff himself.  

4 hours ago, RedEd said:

The club announced on social media that after 6pm, ticket sales would be online only.

Yip, I saw a guy I used to work with at the game and he was asking about tickets and I told him he'd only get them online. Pretty poor show that people probably didn't bother getting tickets late on because the club announced they'd stop selling them "in person" at 6. If they decided otherwise it should have been put out on social media 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Ideally Reading but Stanger is pretty naff himself.  

I thought Stanger was at his best last night although I’m not sure how much of a test MacIver actually gave him.

I don’t think McMann is at his best with aerial duels so it makes sense to shift him to left back but what he is good at doing is sweeping and clearing balls that end up between the defence and goalie. We’ve lost countless goals in the last few seasons with players not being picked up in that area but McMann looks like he reads the game well and knows where he has to be. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think McMann is at his best with aerial duels so it makes sense to shift him to left back but what he is good at doing is sweeping and clearing balls that end up between the defence and goalie. We’ve lost countless goals in the last few seasons with players not being picked up in that area but McMann looks like he reads the game well and knows where he has to be. 

Been really impressed so far with his composure on the ball at the back. Would like to see him getting up the wing more like he did at Dundee Utd. 

49 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought Stanger was at his best last night although I’m not sure how much of a test MacIver actually gave him.

He gets ran past quite easily I feel and has that sorta Jack Hendry thing to him where he looks like he is a ball playing defender but really isn't, its just that he's an ok dribbler of the ball.  Like you say though if its going to be mugs like McIvor or Oliver it isn't quite as much an issue.  

That's one of the things I clocked about McMann which made me suss about him playing centre back, you definitely need to be a decent header of the ball to play in that position in this league.  He'd probably get by as the left centre back in a 3 tbf.

Interested to hear people's opinions on the fan experience in the new stand. 

I thought it was great to have the roof and you can tell that it has potential to create a decent atmosphere if anybody dared to get a sing song going. One thing that disappointed me was the PA system, it's far too quiet and you can only really hear it if you are directly in line with the speakers (of which there are not enough). Also, not convinced we need the seggy fence nowadays, it actually restricts the view from some seats, which is a shame. Finally, I think there needs to be some signage to direct supporters, I didn't see anything and so everybody just walks in the first available entrance even if they are sat over the halfway line. I know it's early days so hopefully these issues can be addressed. 

Edited by Shibuya