The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just caught the goals reel from last night.... I don't think I've ever had cause in over 30yrs as a Ayr fan to be positively reflective on pre-season/L.C. Watching Stennys goal go in, I thought, if this had been last yr or any number of previous seasons... we would have rolled over and taken a pumping from the lower team. Instead, we marshalled quickly, got level and then bossed it. No matter what happens on Saturday, or how the chips fall with best of the rest 3 places, I'm absolutely buzzin to get the season going. I don't think we've seen Brown/Witty/timo/rest of this team, at it's best and what we're going to achieve. I'm very realistic, I don't think we'll finish top this season but next.... mon then! But what a difference a year, and the right management team can make! 

Decent review of the Ayr Stenny game on the Terrace Podcast Patreon. Great pre-professional wrestling, beard trimming and IPA drinking listening.

Craig Telfer seemed impressed by Ayr. What he said basically reflected our more positive assessments of the team. Which is nice to hear. We seem to have something about us. Quietly confident that we’ll do well this season.

24 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Craig Telfer seemed impressed by Ayr. What he said basically reflected our more positive assessments of the team. Which is nice to hear. We seem to have something about us. Quietly confident that we’ll do well this season.

Gary Naysmith was pretty complimentary as well . 

5 hours ago, railwayend said:

Gary Naysmith was pretty complimentary as well . 

"We've played Livingston, St Johnstone and Dundee United but that's probably the hardest 90 mins we've had since I've been at the club".

'Pretty complimentary' indeed. 

On 24/07/2024 at 15:35, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

**"Father and son have scored for Ayr United but in this case grandfather, father and son have scored for the club." Ref to Henderson 

Screenshot_20240724_153535_Facebook.jpg

On this I can only think of one other club that might have had a son, father and Grandfather score for them and that's Milan with the Madini family I'm probably wrong though 

50 minutes ago, NoAmarteyNoParty said:

No idea why Oakley is 6/1 and Dowds is 16/1.

20240725_180302.thumb.jpg.6b2ab31faacd5d258955b7e926ad1ceb.jpg

Is it squad numbers? Top 3 are all number 9. Thought Wilson 9 but he is a 7

Edited by Ayrmail

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Was nice of the thunderstorm to arrive right on time to give everyone at Rugby Park a free wash

The Killie ASDA car park usually floods whenever there is a downpour. That's the town communal bath.

15 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Someone on SRE claiming we're after JET...

All I can see is that someone is wondering if we’re interested in him. 

I’d be amazed if we are. 

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

All I can see is that someone is wondering if we’re interested in him. 

I’d be amazed if we are. 

Amazed he was only 33, seems to have been around for ages. 

Edited by Rb123

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Amazed he was only 33, seems to have been around for ages. 

It’s the kind of signing we’d have made in September, once all other options had knocked us back. El Alagui-esque.

Morton are desperate these days so let them take the punt on him. 

37 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Someone on SRE claiming we're after JET...

He's signing for Morton is he not.