The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I wouldn’t play both. I think if you’re only playing one of them you’d play Oakley. 

It all depends what kind of midfielder we sign though. 

Deeper lying midfielder a priority you'd think.

Ultimately most of the better teams in the league play 1 up top for the extra body in the middle of the park (Raith, Partick, Falkirk).

We were totally outnumbered in the first half of the Falkirk LC game in particular. 

Oakley and Dowds as a two will be effective against the weaker teams in the league you'd think. All about having different options of setting up over the season 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Get a screenshot haha? 

No, just thought I'd go on there and have a look after last night to see if they've been posted but I can't even see the comment anymore so presume it has been deleted 

10 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

See the post on SRE from the SLO about showing Mathie's emails has been deleted so that's obviously a no lol

Was this Mathies response to it? 

It was something along the lines of Brown and Whittaker looking at anything to possibly improve the home form and results. They decided to warm up on the other side and shoot into the SRE and they felt performances were better in doing it. It’s not set in stone and any feedback will be taken on board so it might change in the future. 

1 hour ago, Superhursty7 said:

I'm sure we will be trying to get McGinty running backwards at every opportunity, a lot of teams will be expecting shock and awe with the two big lads up front but pre season and the LC shows we can adapt a play football as well.

I love the options we have this season. For far too long we had a plan A and not a lot else.

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

3 penalty saves by Ollie

f**k the Colt Teams. Good to see 6 of them being emptied tonight. St Johnstone still to play and Ross County don’t seem to have entered it. 

Can’t say I’ve not enjoyed Partick being so upset at having to bring on Logan Chalmers that they want their game replayed.

9 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

The shitshow going on up at ICT is a real eye opener to how things could have gone for us if Lachlan hadn’t batted away the no gooders. He had his fans and his critics but he was certainly no Scott Gardiner. If you haven’t already had a look and you’re bored, the ICT thread will fill an hour for you. There’s something for everyone. Evil current owners, rightfully petrified fans, a wee dose of racism, crypto kings, and an introduction to the new word entering the Cambridge Dictionary 2025. Oh aye, and big Dunc ‘allegedly’ half cut during after match interviews. It’s a good read (start at page 761) but some of you might want to wait until the Netflix 3 parter. 

In fairness, it is fairly wild that Ayr were sponsored by a gambling billionaire who swung so hard into crypto (behind a guy whose website the High Court has now judged has to declare himself a fraud) that for several years Ayr were sponsored by a completely worthless crypto project, all because the guy's surname sounded like the name of the town. Banter years semi-avoided on that one.

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

In fairness, it is fairly wild that Ayr were sponsored by a gambling billionaire who swung so hard into crypto (behind a guy whose website the High Court has now judged has to declare himself a fraud) that for several years Ayr were sponsored by a completely worthless crypto project, all because the guy's surname sounded like the name of the town. Banter years semi-avoided on that one.

The worst thing he did was get some lassie to walk down the High Street with the strip painted on her body, we did get a lucky escape there in hindsight.

17 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

McGill was heavily linked with both Raith and St Jonstone as well as Thistle I am sure, but hasn't rocked up anywhere yet.  Think he is more of a pacey forward which is what we are missing.

Partick and Morton were  also interested about a month ago. Think they were keen but had to fill other positions first and not sure that has happened yet 

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

I am 99% sure the club were also accepting whatever crypto he used to buy strips :lol: also remember his dodgy gambling site that let you bet on the Moffs celebration, that wasn't dodgy in the slightest :lol:.  Also he was going to buy the Moff a racehorse if he scored v Killie in the semi final hahaha.

23 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s also not really bulked up all that much. He still looks like the skinny wee boy that made his debut and you’d have thought that with time he’d have done some work on that to get stronger. Always remember McCall saying that the switch to full time really benefited Forrest as he was able to grow into a man’s body and then he had a fantastic season for us before moving on. 

Even the likes of Watret looks totally different compared to last season so he’s put a bit of work in with that regard. Again, playing regular men’s football for East Stirling probably made him realise that to survive as a defender you can’t be bullied easily. 

I think to be a good striker at this level you need to be strong or quick. Failing that, you need to be a really intelligent player which you only really see with experienced players dropping down a level. Bryden is none of those things. He gets given the ball and either tries to run in a straight line or quick it away from him in the direction of a teammate. It’s maybe that he’s better suited to playing in the box and won’t get involved much in the build up but we haven’t actually seen much of him in that position. 

That's actually quite off the mark.  He'll not grow much now in terms of height, but he has bulked up this summer, especially in his legs etc.  He looks much physically stronger.  He is just never going to have pace which will be half his problem and needs to learn the side of the game Moffat learnt later on in his career in terms of link up play etc.