The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

With what we have at the moment and how we deploy them pretty sure well to score two or three just to win . Which is a concern as Accies will finish in the bottom four despite having a much better squad than the did the last time . 

I'm 50/50 on tomorrow's opening game. I don't feel we've had the overhaul we needed but also happy with what Brown has assembled and guessing it's a 2yr, concentrated effort and game plan to get promotion. Maybe we're not done with signings yet, tho the aufc doom leads me to feel we are....

I feel he's been aloud to build a team with the caveat of keeping certain contracted players/academy grads. If the remnants of previous managers cannot improve under the guidance of the managerial/coaching team we now have, this should be more than obvious come Xmas and they should be shipped then. 

Brown doesn't have a free pass, he's been given the time, as most of us said he should be to rebuild.

As I and many others have stated... I'm more excited about this season, than I have been in a very long time.... Some are saying since Mcall/Shanks... for me, it's since Reid was at his best with us. 

I've not checked the latest btw... but are Hamilton still a club or have a team to field tomorrow 💸 and what happens if they have to forfeit? 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

5 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I'm 50/50 on tomorrow's opening game. I don't feel we've had the overhaul we needed but also happy with what Brown has assembled and guessing it's a 2yr, concentrated effort and game plan to get promotion. Maybe we're not done with signings yet, tho the aufc doom leads me to feel we are....

I feel he's been aloud to build a team with the caveat of keeping certain contracted players/academy grads. If the remnants of previous managers cannot improve under the guidance of the managerial/coaching team we now have, this should be more than obvious come Xmas and they should be shipped then. 

Brown doesn't have a free pass, he's been given the time, as most of us said he should be to rebuild.

As I and many others have stated... I'm more excited about this season, than I have been in a very long time.... Some are saying since Mcall/Shanks... for me, it's since Reid was at his best with us. 

I've not checked the latest btw... but are Hamilton still a club or have a team to field tomorrow 💸 and what happens if they have to forfeit? 

I don’t think he’s been told he has to keep contracted players but moving players under contract on isn’t that easy. You either pay them a settlement or find a club willing to take on the wages. If we went and freed everyone we didn’t want under contract then we wouldn’t have much of a budget to go and sign the players we wanted. I don’t think there’s anyone in the squad that Brown didn’t want to keep btw. Just because fans don’t particularly rate Mark McKenzie doesn’t mean Brown has been forced to keep him and start him in most of our league cup games. 

It’s probably as much of an overhaul as anyone could’ve realistically expected. We’ve arguable upgraded on every position from last season and there’s going to be one or two more to come in. Of course Brown doesn’t have a free pass but I’m not sure why anyone would have reason to criticise him at this stage. 

David Smith " We would love you to be the new Ayr United Manager Scott but there is on a few conditions" Mark McKenzie must start 90% of games and Frazer Bryden has to at least have 20 minutes off the bench every week, that agreeable to you?

Scott Brown "Go take a running f**k to yourself" 

7 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

David Smith " We would love you to be the new Ayr United Manager Scott but there is on a few conditions" Mark McKenzie must start 90% of games and Frazer Bryden has to at least have 20 minutes off the bench every week, that agreeable to you?

Scott Brown "Go take a running f**k to yourself" 

Nothing will amuse me more than Ayr fans struggling to comprehend Mark McKenzies continued involvement despite the fact that he’s been given game time under seven (7) different managers. 

“jUnIOR lEvel pLaYER” though. 

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

Scott Brown "Go take a running f**k 

It's like you are being sarky.... yet this is what we have 🫡🤣

4 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Hi folks,

I’ve been a chronic viewer here without posting for years, but though I’d say hello to introduce myself as one of the new SLO’s.

We are both totally invested in the positive direction the club is heading in, but we recognise there is always work to be done. Our role is to be the link between the supporters and the club, to allow a two-way dialogue between both. We are taking it one step at a time but our initial priorities include quarterly fan meetings, increased SLO visibility, monthly SLO updates and improving the relationship between the club and The Ragazzi with details of all to be released in due course.

We will be trying our best to keep an eye on various online platforms but if you do wish to provide suggestions, we ask that you email us directly on slo@ayrunitedfc.co.uk. On a monthly basis, we will be taking all issues and concerns to the club before providing the clubs return feedback via our monthly SLO updates. Of course if there are any urgent concerns, they’ll be dealt with accordingly. We are both volunteers who have full time jobs and lives outside of the football club so you will need to bear with us at points. We will do our best to ensure that fans' voices are heard and build on the support base that we have at Somerset Park.

Initial concerns that have been raised to the club this week include the disuse of the far side of the North Terracing (the other side of the segregation fence) and access issues to the North Stand (past the hospitality boxes). We are pleased to say that the club have agreed to have the segregation fence open at future home games which will allow for Ayr supporters to access the whole North Terracing and this will also help with access to the North Stand seating area. Please note that this will be on a basis that supporters behaviour is positive in the area towards the Railway End and away fans. If there are any issues, the club will review this decision.

Arrangements for tomorrow's match at Hamilton as supplied by the club: ‘Car parking is available at Morrisons car park/ main car park. Any supporters buses should park at the council car park Ayr supporters will be housed in the North Stand, entering through turnstiles 10,11 and 12. Ticket and Cash will be accepted. Any drums will be searched and then allowed in.’

We all have the best interest of our club at heart - if you see us around and fancy a chat, please say hello! For more updates, you can follow our X account - @AyrSlo. We look forward to representing the fan base and working alongside the club.

Mon Ayr!

Welcome we will try not to ask as silly questions some of our fellow supporters on the SRE facebook page.

6 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

It's like you are being sarky.... yet this is what we have 🫡🤣

Look I get it, but as Djaffo says 7 managers have played McKenzie now, is he a superstar no, would he be my first name on the team sheet every week no, but everyteam needs that jack of all trades 7 out of 10 steady player, he's probably our highest appearance holder at the club just now I think we need to start giving him a bit of credit.

Edited by Superhursty7

i mean which other academy/youth players in recent years has had as many apperances as him Forrest and Crawford are the only two i am certain on so he could likely be third on that category

41 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Hi folks,

I’ve been a chronic viewer here without posting for years, but though I’d say hello to introduce myself as one of the new SLO’s.

We are both totally invested in the positive direction the club is heading in, but we recognise there is always work to be done. Our role is to be the link between the supporters and the club, to allow a two-way dialogue between both. We are taking it one step at a time but our initial priorities include quarterly fan meetings, increased SLO visibility, monthly SLO updates and improving the relationship between the club and The Ragazzi with details of all to be released in due course.

We will be trying our best to keep an eye on various online platforms but if you do wish to provide suggestions, we ask that you email us directly on slo@ayrunitedfc.co.uk. On a monthly basis, we will be taking all issues and concerns to the club before providing the clubs return feedback via our monthly SLO updates. Of course if there are any urgent concerns, they’ll be dealt with accordingly. We are both volunteers who have full time jobs and lives outside of the football club so you will need to bear with us at points. We will do our best to ensure that fans' voices are heard and build on the support base that we have at Somerset Park.

Initial concerns that have been raised to the club this week include the disuse of the far side of the North Terracing (the other side of the segregation fence) and access issues to the North Stand (past the hospitality boxes). We are pleased to say that the club have agreed to have the segregation fence open at future home games which will allow for Ayr supporters to access the whole North Terracing and this will also help with access to the North Stand seating area. Please note that this will be on a basis that supporters behaviour is positive in the area towards the Railway End and away fans. If there are any issues, the club will review this decision.

Arrangements for tomorrow's match at Hamilton as supplied by the club: ‘Car parking is available at Morrisons car park/ main car park. Any supporters buses should park at the council car park Ayr supporters will be housed in the North Stand, entering through turnstiles 10,11 and 12. Ticket and Cash will be accepted. Any drums will be searched and then allowed in.’

We all have the best interest of our club at heart - if you see us around and fancy a chat, please say hello! For more updates, you can follow our X account - @AyrSlo. We look forward to representing the fan base and working alongside the club.

Mon Ayr!

Welcome mate.

This is all great to hear, and fantastic to see the visibility and vision from the new SLO's.

Congrats on getting the role!

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nothing will amuse me more than Ayr fans struggling to comprehend Mark McKenzies continued involvement despite the fact that he’s been given game time under seven (7) different managers. 

“jUnIOR lEvel pLaYER” though. 

Oh, I understand why he gets picked - for most of those 7 managers there was a dearth of talent ahead of him and he is a good physical athlete. I'm sure he's a consumate professional, nice guy and receptive in training etc. People don't pay money to watch people do beep tests.

I think we've been told the next step in the Ayr "journey" is promotion. My opinion is that players like Mark McKenzie won't get us there but I've been wrong before!

11 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

i mean which other academy/youth players in recent years has had as many apperances as him Forrest and Crawford are the only two i am certain on so he could likely be third on that category

just looked it up (according to transfermarket who mostly focus on more recent seasons)

Alan Forrest - 246 

Robbie Crawford - 226

Mark McKenzie - 157

Craig McGuffie - 111

Jonathan Tiffoney - 87

Ross Robertson - 76

Fraser Bryden - 72

46 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Look I get it, but as Djaffo says 7 managers have played McKenzie now, is he a superstar no, would he be my first name on the team sheet every week no, but everyteam needs that jack of all trades 7 out of 10 steady player, he's probably our highest appearance holder at the club just now I think we need to start giving him a bit of credit.

I will assure that Mark McKenzie is not a 7/10 player

Not being funny but I struggle to think what McKenzie's best attributes and qualities are apart from not getting injured. I understand that managers rate him for reasons I am oblivious to, but if he left tomorrow would anyone be bothered and would it make the squad weaker. I think not. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Not being funny but I struggle to think what McKenzie's best attributes and qualities are apart from not getting injured. I understand that managers rate him for reasons I am oblivious to, but if he left tomorrow would anyone be bothered and would it make the squad weaker. I think not. 

Losing someone that can play across every position in midfield, up front and even at right back and do them all at a relatively decent level would be a loss to the squad, yes. 

1 hour ago, DanielB said:

Hi folks,

Mon Ayr!

Please don't bring up with the club the issue of shooting into whatever end at whatever half. That is something that has nothing to do with the fans 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Losing someone that can play across every position in midfield, up front and even at right back and do them all at a relatively decent level would be a loss to the squad, yes. 

Or just play other squad players there who can do a relativity good job. 

37 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Oh, I understand why he gets picked - for most of those 7 managers there was a dearth of talent ahead of him and he is a good physical athlete. I'm sure he's a consumate professional, nice guy and receptive in training etc. People don't pay money to watch people do beep tests.

I think we've been told the next step in the Ayr "journey" is promotion. My opinion is that players like Mark McKenzie won't get us there but I've been wrong before!

If we had a team of McKenzies then I’d say promotion was a long way off. Having him in the squad and available to play when needed won’t do our chances any harm. He’s a safe pick in a league where consistency is rare. Managers like him because they know exactly what they’re getting with him and most of it is positive.